- The importance of exercise therapy in the treatment of osteochondrosis
- Complex of exercise therapy for cervical osteochondrosis
- Exercises for the thoracic spine
Still some 10-15 years ago, osteochondrosis was considered a "disease of the old." But today doctors confidently declare that diseases of the spine are increasingly being detected even in young people. The reason for this is a sedentary lifestyle, sedentary work and poor nutrition. A huge experience in the treatment of osteochondrosis proves that this is a very serious disease, from which a person can suffer all life, therefore to therapy it is necessary to approach responsibly and to use not one, but several methods of getting rid of disease.
One of the most important stages of treatment is exercise therapy. Let's talk in more detail, what is needed for gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the cervicothoracic spine and how to perform it correctly.
The importance of exercise therapy in the treatment of osteochondrosis
Those who are not the
By the way, getting rid of osteochondrosis is almost impossible. In those or other moments of life he again and again will remind of himself. But to make attacks of pain in the back and neck happen as rarely as possible, great attention must be paid to the exercise of exercise therapy.
If the disease is in the acute phase, therapeutic gymnastics is not performed. It is used as a restorative therapy after the removal of the pain syndrome. Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervicothoracic part help relax tight muscles, improve blood circulation in muscles and the spine and help restore intervertebral discs. If the patient regularly and correctly performs such gymnastics, he will feel much better and very soon will begin to notice that the signs of the disease recede: there is a headache, pain in the back and neck, dizziness and excessive fatigue.
We must not forget that sometimes physical therapy for osteochondrosis of the cervicothoracic can be contraindicated, so it is necessary to consult with a doctor. For example, with a herniated intervertebral disc, you can worsen the course of the disease.
Perform exercises for the cervical spine can be done at home, but before that it is necessary to consult with the instructor on exercise therapy, who will select the optimal set of exercises and explain how to make them correctly.
Complex of exercise therapy for cervical osteochondrosis
Therapeutic physical training contains a huge number of different complexes aimed at restoring one or another part of the spine. The most important rule that you must follow when doing the exercises: you can not make sudden movements. In addition, it is better to abandon exercise therapy if you feel pain in the neck, shoulders and arms.
One of the most simple and effective complexes is LFK with osteochondrosis of the cervical department, containing the following exercises:
- Sitting on a chair, perform smooth turns of the head first in one direction, then in another (5-10 times). Keep your neck and back straight.
- Sit on a chair with your back straight, and slowly lower your head down so that your chin touches your chest. Repeat the exercise at least 10 times.
- Sitting in a chair, straighten your back, and move your neck back. The chin, as it were, is drawn, but the neck does not straighten. Run 10-12 movements.
- Sit at the table, keep your back straight. To lean one hand on the table, to rest your head against the palm of your hand. After that, to make head inclinations in the direction of the hand, the palm should be countered and create a small tension. After a break of 10 seconds, do the same with the other hand. In total, you must perform at least 8 head inclinations.
- Without changing the position, put one palm on the forehead and tilt the head forward, holding the resistance with the help of the hand. Repeat 8-10 times, take a break, change your hand and again do the exercise.
- Stand up, straighten your back and place your arms along the trunk. Raise your shoulders as high as possible and stay for a few seconds, then relax and inhale. Run 10-12 times.
- Headaches well relieve a quick intense massage of the neck muscles closer to the nape of the neck. Do it about 3-4 minutes, using only the pads of your fingers.
- Lie down on a hard surface, rub the muscles between the shoulder blades and the zone that is just above them. You can ask for an assistant to do it or rub it in the sitting position yourself.
- Perform an easy circular massage of the temporal region with the help of fingertips.
These simple exercises for the cervical department can improve the mobility of the neck and prevent the occurrence of pain. You can do them almost anywhere and at any time, which greatly facilitates the restoration of the vertebrae.
Exercises for the thoracic spine
Chest osteochondrosis is diagnosed somewhat less frequently than the cervical or lumbar, which is explained by the fact that the thoracic region is less mobile and moreover is more protected by muscles. Nevertheless, gradually this type of osteochondrosis is gaining momentum, so for the treatment of this pathology special complexes have long been developed. Exercises for the thoracic spine are designed to strengthen the back muscles and improve posture in order to reduce the burden on the spinal column.
Before performing exercise therapy, you need to do a gentle kneading massage or take a warm shower to prepare your muscles for the upcoming lesson. After that, you can do the following exercises:
- In the standing position, the legs are slightly apart, the back is straight. Shoulders tilt forward, leaving the body in place, lowering the chin to the chest. Hold in this position for 5-10 seconds, then dilute the shoulders, trying to connect the shoulder blades, while gently tilting the head back. Hold the position for 5-10 seconds. Repeat.
- In a sitting or standing position with a straight back, alternately raise the right and left shoulder 10 times. After that, raise and lower the shoulders at the same time, also at least 10 times.
- Do circular movements with your shoulders, without raising your hands, first clockwise, then against. In each side 10 times.
- In the standing position, legs together, hands along the trunk, make smooth inclines to the sides so that the hand touches the knee. Repeat at least 10 times in both directions.
- Standing to keep your fists below the shoulder blades and begin to bend back as far as possible. Hold the position for a few seconds, then straighten up, lean forward and slightly shrink the shoulders. Repeat 8-10 times.
Like any medical gymnastics, exercises with osteochondrosis of the cervicothoracic spine are performed strictly after the pain syndrome is removed. You need to deal with it regularly - only in this way you can achieve the desired effect.
Therapeutic gymnastics in case of osteochondrosis of the cervical and thoracic region are the most important part of the therapy along with taking medications and physiotherapeutic procedures. It allows you to permanently get rid of the manifestations of the disease and significantly improves the patient's condition, but only when provided that a person will be responsive to the performance of recreational physical education and will do the exercises regularly..