On our page, we often discuss how important it is to play sports and stay active, so you probably already know about it. Butknee painwhile playing sports - a very unpleasant thing.
Of course, you can start feeling sorry for yourself and avoiding physical exertion, butthis will only worsen your condition and increaseknee pain.
In fact, the pain in the knees can greatly worsen our daily life, if not taken up in time.
Knee pain can begin with accidental discomfort or appear as a result of a serious injury, but as soon as you feel it, you need to pay attention to it.
This time we want to talk about sports thatsuitable for people with knee pain.
Walking walking isA sport that takes great care of the joints. We put it on the first place, because this is the most simple and practical activity for those who suffer from pain in their knees.
Walking not only helps you maintain good physical well-being, get vitamin D and breathe more fresh air - it also reduces pain.
- It is best to start with a shor
- Walking is recommended for 30 minutes a day, butthis period can be divided into several smaller routes.
This advice should definitely be taken into account if the pain is too strong or the knee begins to hurt almost immediately..
As your joints become stronger, you can increase the duration and intensity of walking.
Also read: How does walking help with depression?
Cycling is one of the most harmless sports that you can do at home with the help of a fitness machine or in the open air.
Repeated movements while riding a bicyclestrengthens the knee tendons, muscles and joints, forcing them to work.
- If you think that the bike will only increase the discomfort in your lap - be calm. In fact, cycling does not involve the knees.
- Nevertheless, it's worth starting witha small load that can be gradually increased.
- Try to exercise on a bicycle 3-4 times a week for 25-30 minutes to strengthen the muscles of the legs and the cardiovascular system.
3. Swimming and water aerobics
Swimming and water aerobics are recommended for people with knee pain.
They not only do not exert pressure on their knees, but alsohelp to recover from an injury received in another sport.
- As water reduces your weight, exercises in the pool will improve elasticity and elasticity, without fatiguing the knee joints. water can jump, roll over and tumble without any pain.
- Exercises of this type are also suitablepeople suffering from arthritis, osteoporosis and fibromyalgia.
Be sure to read: Why swimming is good for health: 5 interesting facts
4. Elliptical trainer
If the idea of walking in the quality of the sport does not appeal to you, pay attention to the elliptical trainer.
He has all the useful properties of walking, butclasses on it are much more interesting, because you can choose the speed and incline.
- If you want to strengthen the legs and the cardiovascular system, the ellipse is exactly what you need.
- Start with classes for 15-20 minutes, so that the muscles are accustomed to movement.
- As you strengthen your muscles, you can increase the tempo and duration of the ellipsis.
5. Yoga and Pilates
The last two sports recommended for pain in the lap are yoga and pilates.
They have an easy impact on the body and are easy to perform -Only need to have enough space.
Both yoga and pilates will help you:
- To develop the correct posture
- Improve muscle endurance
- Lose weight
- Strengthen the body
- Relax the mind
We recommend starting classes with an expert. Despite the simplicity of the poses used, it is easy to earn back pain due to mistakes that beginners often make.
What should people remember with knee pain when practicing these sports?
Now that you have a general idea of the best sports for fighting pain in your knees, remember:
- Do not ask yourself too much.Start with small 15 or 20-minute sessions three times a week under the supervision of a specialist.
- Consult with the doctor regarding contraindications. If you have an injury, your doctor will give more accurate recommendations.
- Wearright shoes. It is not recommended to start playing sports in new sneakers, as they can leave calluses.
- In this case, too-worn shoes with a wiped out sole can also lead to large injuries due to the possibility of slipping.