- About the composition of root vegetables
- Who can be useful?
- Overview of nutritional value
- Competently choose it on market stalls
- Who is contraindicated?
Radishka is a unique vegetable. She first appears on our tables and beds, and it can be transplanted several times during the summer. The amazing shape of the fruit is somewhat like a small turnip. Its bitter taste and hard fruit are for the amateur, but in general the fruits go well with other vegetables in the salad. Just for salads, radish is good!
It should be noted that landing a radish in your garden is important for any vegetable grower who is interested in his health. Why? Yes, because this vegetable ripens just at the time when a person needs more vitamins and minerals, to satiate the body after a long winter period.
Another interesting fact is that this vegetable was brought to Russia from Europe by Peter the Great. But then people did not consider radish as food, and at first they used it as a weed to delineate the territories of their gardens. And only a few decades later the radish was rasped and recognized, the vegetable is actively used in the kitchen till now.
In this article we will tell you what vitamins are contained in the radish, and whether there are any contraindications to its use.
About the composition of root vegetables
Let's start with the available set of vitamins. In radish there are the following vitamins:
- Group B. They are responsible for the health and beauty of the skin and nails, as well as for the quality of the hair.
- Vitamin C - in an amount of about 25 mg per 100 g of product. Responsible for the immunity and general condition of the body.
- Vitamin E - in an amount, mg per 100 g of product.
Also per 100 g of product is the following amount of minerals:
- 255 mg of potassium, which is responsible for the normal functioning of the heart and blood vessels;
- 44 mg of phosphorus;
- 44 mg of chlorine;
- 39 mg of calcium, which is responsible for the integrity and strength of bones and cartilage;
And also the radish contains some sodium, iron, manganese, copper, boron.
Who can be useful?
- To everyone who lacks nutrients after a long and cold winter. This vegetable you can buy in the market in the spring one of the first, and at a very attractive price.
- Those who are planning to do cleaning of the intestine and the whole body as a whole. Radish will save the body from toxins and toxins, improve metabolism.
- It is recommended for use to people suffering from diabetes or heart failure. Radish will be absolutely safe for them.
- Those who lose weight. Radish promotes the process of fission of fats. In addition, it has a very low calorie content. It will be very convenient to use it as a snack between the main meals or as an ingredient for a salad.
Overview of nutritional value
According to the indicators of BJU and calorie, radish can be called a dietary product. Judge for yourself: 100 grams of this spring vegetable account for about 93 grams of water, about, g carbohydrates and, g protein. And the calorific value is at the most 20 kcal. Modestly, is not it? So you will not be able to recover from it! And, in addition, radishes, or rather - its juice, are very effectively used against colds in folk medicine along with other effective means.
Competently choose it on market stalls
So, what should you pay attention to first? It is very important to carefully inspect the product itself - its appearance will tell you about many things. Do not be careless at this important moment.
- If the fruit is firm to the touch and has a smooth skin, then this is a sure sign that the radish is fresh. If soft and hollow inside, do not take such a copy.
- Color can be a variety of shades, up to pale and whitish, but should be uniform. If on the surface of the fetus you find dark inclusions, then this is a sure sign that the radish has begun to rot.
- To properly assess the condition of the vegetable, pay attention to the condition of the foliage. By the way, it is used as an ingredient in the preparation of soups and salads, and as an ingredient in traditional medicine.
For information: the radish can be stored in the refrigerator for several weeks, root crops without leaves are stored longer than with the tops. It will perfectly preserve its properties and freshness and will please you and your family members during lunch.
Who is contraindicated?
Strange as it may seem, the harmful use of this vegetable can also harm the body. This is due to the fact that it contains many essential oils, the use of which is undesirable, if the person suffers from diseases of the stomach, gallbladder, liver, intestines and cardiovascular system. Therefore, consult with your doctor beforehand, you may have to limit yourself or completely refuse this bitter fruit.
In conclusion, I would like to emphasize once again the dignity of the vegetable. It is easy to digest, is low-calorie, which is suitable for slimming, suitable as a means of preventing and treating many ailments.
In this case, be wary of using radish if you suffer from a number of diseases. Remember that essential oils can provoke swelling of the intestines and irritation of the mucosa. Better once again consult with your doctor.
In the rest, stick to the right lifestyle and nutrition. Watch your health and your body will rejoice you for many years!.