- Advantages of walking the stairs
- How many calories can be burned during training?
- Technique of training
- Common Errors
- Useful recommendations
Today, there are many different ways that help get rid of excess weight. Someone practices morning jogging, someone - training in the gym, someone attends classes in dance and swimming. All these methods have one important drawback - they need to be given sufficient time, at least 2 hours per week.
It is worth thinking about an alternative option, which will be no less effective. This is walking on the ladder for weight loss. Residents of high-rise buildings, for example, can go down or climb stairs every day.
Advantages of walking the stairs
The rapid rhythm of life makes people increasingly use an escalator or elevator. Unfortunately, few people think about the benefits of walking on the stairs and the merits of such training. They do not require financial investments, they can effectively lose excess kilograms and heal the entire body.
Why is it useful to walk the stairs? Walking on floors help:
- normalize blood pressure;
- strengthen the abdominal muscles, back, legs, hips;
- lower cholesterol in the body;
- increase the volume of the lungs;
- get rid of excess fat on the sides and waist;
- reduce the risk of developing pathologies in the work of the cardiovascular system.
Thus, the classes allow not only to lose weight, adjust the figure, but also support muscle tone. The availability of the method is another important advantage.
How many calories can be burned during training?
People who are trying to lose weight are probably wondering how many calories goes away during training. It is impossible to give an exact answer to this question, since everything depends on the individual characteristics: the intensity of the movements, the height of the ladder, the weight of a person, his sports training, and others.
On average, one minute of training can be parted with 50 calories provided continuous walking. It turns out that the occupation, which lasts 15 - 20 minutes, burns from 500 to , 00 calories. In other words, a person will lose about 700 grams of excess weight. Approximately the same result is achieved through a full training.
To increase the effectiveness of exercises, there is little physical activity alone. It is necessary to eat healthy food or adhere to a special diet, which is selected by a qualified specialist.
Technique of training
In order for classes to give the desired effect and raise the mood, you need to know how to properly conduct them. The technique of training is extremely simple:
- Stand next to the first step, step on it from the right foot, straighten the thigh, then comes the turn of the left foot. Detach it from the floor and move it to a higher level. In this way it is necessary to reach the very end of the span. It's important to go quietly, just like you do in your everyday life. This will help distribute the load evenly on both legs.
- In the process of movement, the back should be even, the stomach is drawn in, the body does not deviate, you can not hold onto the rail. Ideally, hands should perform the movements that are typical for a sportive walk.
If you are pursuing the goal of losing weight, then you'll have to walk up the stairs pretty quickly. Only a rapid descent and a lift for half an hour will help to lose excess weight.
Pumping the buttocks, muscles of the legs and the whole body allows slow movement on the stairs. Low walking speed positively affects human organs and systems. If a beginner sportsman does not have special physical training, then it is not necessary to force events and run a race. Unprepared joints will be subjected to high loads and may suffer from them.
The control of the dimensions of the loads should be made by measuring the pulse. The heart rate should not exceed the rate of 150 beats per minute. If the pulse is longer, it is recommended to lower the tempo.
Walking on the stairs will really help to adjust the figure and pump up the muscles of the legs if you perform the exercises correctly. Typical errors include the following actions.
- The person clings to the railing, his body automatically deviates to the side. Do not try to run in this position.
- Too fast pace of training, which does not allow to hold out "at a distance" during the 20-minute lesson.
- The athlete moves by jumping, concentrating the weight of the whole body on the fingers and forefeet of the feet. In this case, the heels are almost completely detached from the surface of the steps.
- A man tries to talk and breathe at the same time with his mouth open. The best option will be breathing through your nose exactly as you would during a run.
Use in training only comfortable sports clothes and sneakers. Unsuitable boots can cause injury to the ankle.
Slender figure, strong muscles of legs and buttocks - is this not the dream of every woman? To achieve this result will help walk the stairs and the implementation of important recommendations:
- Before training it is necessary to prepare for serious loads, to warm up. This will significantly reduce the risk of injury.
- The choice of shoes is of great importance. Be sure to wear sneakers on a non-slip, reliable sole.
- If there is a stadium near your house, go there. This is doubly more useful, since training will be done in the fresh air.
- It is not recommended to rest after the climb, immediately go down, and then you can rest for a couple of minutes before the next ascent.
- After performing one lifting-descent, you will feel like tired muscles. The method that works to strengthen them, leads to the fact that after the first training legs will hurt for several days.
- In order to increase the load, it is permissible to use special weighting agents. Their weight should not be too great for a half-hour training to pass without overexertion.
Many experts believe that no modern simulator is able to replace walking on the stairs.For weight loss and recovery of the body it is enough to just stop using elevators.
What health problems prevent you from walking up the stairs?
- The launched form of scoliosis.
- Injuries to the hip, knee, ankle joint.
- Strongly expressed varicose veins.
- The index of body mass index is more than 33.
- Severe diseases of the cardiovascular system.
People suffering from venous insufficiency, such training is useful. But you must carefully monitor your health. Loads improve the condition of the veins, eliminate stagnation in the lower limbs. Before the occupation it is necessary to take care of the health of the feet: to wrap them with elastic bandage.
Such an affordable way to lose weight, like walking on stairs, and the benefits of these exercises attract many men and women who suffer from being overweight. Do not think that the classes will be easy, especially for those who do not have any sports training. If you have doubts, consult a specialist, this will help to avoid possible negative consequences..