- When is it necessary to stimulate the blood supply?
- How to improve the blood circulation of blood vessels
- Vasodilator drugs
- Calcium antagonists
- Combined preparations
- Drugs that reduce blood viscosity
- Preparations based on nicotinic acid
- Herbal remedies
- Homeopathic Remedies
- Strengthening of blood vessels
- Medications after a stroke
- Ischemic stroke
- Hemorrhagic stroke
- Preparations for cervical osteochondrosis
- What drugs to use in pregnancy?
- Drugs for improving memory
. The human brain is a unique organ that controls at the same time millions of processes and whose possibilities have not yet been studied to the end. This is an amazing creation of nature, very sensitive to the lack of oxygen.Death of cells occurs only after 5 minutes without blood supply. Therefore, in order to have an active childhood, high efficiency in youth and a clear head in old age, it is necessary to have normal blood circulation of the brain. Infringement of blood supply is curable due to the possibilities of modern pharmacology.
When is it necessary to stimulate the blood supply?
A healthy organism independently regulates blood circulation, this process is called autoregulation. For certain reasons, blood circulation is disrupted, resulting in oxygen in the brain cells begins to starve.
The lack of oxygen can be recognized by the characteristic symptoms:
- Frequent headaches;
- Regular dizziness;
- Memory breakdown;
- Pain in the eyes, increasing with the movement of the eyes and with the onset of the evening;
- Noise and ringing in the ears;
- Change of perception and consciousness.
Physicians identify the categories of people most in need of drug support vascular:
- Children born with caesarean section and experienced asphyxia due to cord cord entanglement, and also received other birth injuries. In this category there is always a risk of postnatal encephalopathy, cerebral palsy, cerebral epilepsy.
- Children during puberty, they have a risk of spasms of cerebral vessels during hormonal reorganization. Teenagers, when they have a mental load in the process of studying the school program.
- Adult people with diseases that are associated with a violation of the blood supply to the brain (postoperative blood clots, arteriosclerosis, cervical osteochondrosis);
- people of advanced age who have a high risk of developing atherosclerosis of the vessels and a stroke due to a decrease in the elasticity of the walls of the vessels.
Experts do not recommend to prescribe medications for restoring cerebral circulation. These are serious medicines that have many side effects. The use of such drugs is justified for restoring pressure, after ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke, with vascular diseases.
Sometimes drugs are prescribed to strengthen memory and improve performance, but only after medical diagnosis.
Therapy can both have a duration of several months, and be lifelong.to the content ↑
How to improve the blood circulation of blood vessels
To restore the blood supply to the brain, drugs of the following groups are used:
- Drugs that prevent thrombogenesis (anticoagulants, antiaggregants);
- Vasodilators (vasodilators);
- Nootropics that affect the higher activity of the brain.
How do drugs work:
- Expand the vessels;
- Reduce the aggregation (adhesion) of platelets;
- Reduce the viscosity of the blood;
- Increase the plasticity of erythrocytes.
. As a result, blood flow increases, blood supply improves, and brain cells are better provided with oxygen and glucose, their resistance to hypoxia increases.to the content ↑
This is a huge group of drugs that are used to treat various diseases. They dilate the blood vessels, resulting in improved blood supply, therefore, the CNS and brain cells receive useful substances. They stimulate energy metabolism and cellular metabolism, increasing brain activity. Vasodilators are used as heart medications.to the content ↑
They exert a relaxing effect on the arteries, without changing the tone of the walls of the veins. Calcium blockers have long been successfully used in the treatment of cardiovascular pathologies. Today, the third generation of these drugs is produced.
The list of preparations of calcium antagonists:
|Drug Group||Names of preparations|
|Preparations of the 1st generation||Delacor;|
|Preparations of the 2nd generation||Clentiazem;|
|The dihydropyridine group represents the new generation drugs||Stamlo;|
Spasmolytics expand the lumen and relax the musculature of the walls of the vessels.Spasmolytics are the safest and softest of vasodilator drugs, but they should be taken with caution by people aged. This is due to the fact that they practically do not act on the vessels affected by atherosclerosis, and distribute blood to healthy areas.
Therefore, elderly people are usually prescribed calcium antagonists. Most often used antispasmodicsbut-spa and hydrochloride of drotaverine.
.to the content ↑
These drugs normalize blood flow in the vessels of the brain and metabolism in tissues, help in case of oxygen starvation, which appeared as a result of vasospasms. Among them are Sermion and the derivatives of Nicergolin.to the content ↑
They contain substances that have different actions..
This group includes:
- Vazobral- contains alfa-hydroergocriptine and caffeine.
- Instenon- includes etofillin, etomivan, hexobenzene.
Drugs that reduce blood viscosity
Antiaggregants and anticoagulants increase fluidity and reduce blood viscosity, which normalizes the blood supply to the brain.to the content ↑
This category includes the following drugs:
Improve microcirculation and reduce blood clotting. Such drugs are allowed only after the appointment of a doctor.
Urgent treatment to the doctor is necessary only in the case when after using anticoagulants there was vomiting with blood, black feces and bruises on the body.to the content ↑
Such drugs reduce the viscosity of the blood. Antiaggregants are indicated in case of a tendency to micro strokes and thrombosis.They help to avoid thromboembolism.If blood circulation is disturbed, they are appointed after examination of the patient and carrying out of analyzes.
This group includes:
Preparations based on nicotinic acid
Vitamin PP, or nicotinic acid, dilates capillaries, but does not have a significant effect on large vessels.Sometimes such drugs are prescribed in cases of cerebral circulation disorders.Their ability to lower the level of "bad" cholesterol reduces the fragility of the walls of the vessels. If there is a violation of the blood supply to the brain, Enduratin, Nikoshpan, Atypimox are appointed.
Self-treatment with nicotinic acid can cause serious negative consequences, therefore vascular therapy should be carried out exclusively under the supervision of the attending physician. During the treatment the doctor makes injections within the framework of several courses, then after the injections tablets are appointed.to the content ↑
This group includes the following tools:
. Nootropics are strong antioxidants that increase the body's resistance to harmful factors and resistance to oxygen starvation, improve cognitive activity and brain metabolism, prevent fatigue and depression, increase mental operability.
Nootropics have the following indications for use:
- Memory impairment;
- Mental retardation in vascular pathology;
- Asthenic syndromes;
- Vegeto-vascular dystonia;
- Impaired mental function;
- Problems with concentration of attention;
- Ischemic strokes;
- Alcohol encephalopathy.
Nootropics can be taken only after the appointment of the attending physician as a result of a thorough examination.
They are contraindicated to healthy people and affect only the affected tissue.to the content ↑
. Active substances of such preparations are alkaloids of plant origin. These drugs have almost no contraindications.Used to treat and prevent circulatory disorders of the brain. Especially common drugs based on plants periwinkles and biloba.
Preparations based on biloba have a complex effect on the vessels:
- Clean the vasospasm;
- Improve microcirculation;
- Improve permeability and strengthen the walls of blood vessels;
- They remove the edema of the brain.
The most popular are such drugs:
- Ginkor Fort;
- Ginkgo Biloba C;
- Doppelgerz Ginkgo Biloba +.
It is necessary to know that when taking medications on the basis of ginkgo biloba it is forbidden to drink blood-thinning drugs to avoid hemorrhage.
The taking of these drugs is of a lasting nature, and improvements can be observed after a month of treatment. The total duration of the course of therapy is approximately 3 months.
Drugs based on the periwinkle plant:
These preparations are characterized as follows:
- Prevent thrombosis;
- Have an antispasmodic effect;
- Improve blood supply to the brain;
- Normalize the metabolism in the brain cells.
It is not recommended to drink these medications yourself. Duration of admission and dosage is determined by the doctor.to the content ↑
Improving the functioning of the blood vessels of the brain is possible with the help of homeopathic remedies. One of them is Gold Iodine. It is appointed in case of signs of a violation of blood supply to the brain.
- Memory impairment;
- Shakiness of gait;
- Noise in ears.
Strengthening of blood vessels
In the case of venous outflow and impaired blood circulation of the brain, vascular strengthening is indicated.
For this purpose, minerals and vitamins are taken:
- Flukol, Flavit, Flaol - contain dihydroquercetin;
- Ascorutin - includes vitamin P;
- Supplements and complexes of vitamins, including silicon, potassium, selenium.
Medications after a stroke
Correctly chosen therapeutic tactics in case of acute disruption of the blood circulation of the brain helps not only to save the patient's life, but also increase the likelihood of recovery of speech, motor functions, and improve the quality of life.to the content ↑
It is the result of a clogged vessel with an embolus or thrombus.
The following preparations are used in its treatment:
- Low molecular weight heparins(Clexan, Fraksiparin) can reduce the risk of embolism and reduce thrombosis after a stroke.
- Drugs for the reduction / destruction of blood clots. They are not widely used (efficacy Streptokinase has a low evidence base, Prourokinase is used in research centers, the tissue plasminogen activator is a rare medicine).
- Indirect anticoagulants are administered a few weeks after heparins. This is Cincumar, Warfarin.
- Dezagregantami begin the therapeutic course of acute stroke. In case of intolerance to aspirin, dipyridamole, ticlopidine, clopidogrel is prescribed.
- Drugs that lower blood pressure.Calcium channel blockers, ACE inhibitors start at a pressure above 180/105. This protects patients from recurrence of strokes.
- Low molecular weight dextrans: Reomacrodex, Reopoliglyukin improve delivery to the brain of oxygen, increasing the volume of circulating blood.
- Vasodilator fundsPentoxifylline, Vinpocetine and drugs that improve microcirculation in the vessels (Trental, Curantil).
- Nootropicstake during the recovery period.
Occurs after the rupture of the vessel in the brain, requires a somewhat different tactic with the use of dextrans and hypotensive to replenish the amount of circulating blood.Most often, hemorrhagic stroke requires surgery, since without surgical treatment, the probability of mortality is high.to the content ↑
Preparations for cervical osteochondrosis
With this diagnosis, the restoration of cerebral circulation is of primary importance.
When choosing a medicine to improve blood vessels and blood flow to the brain, doctors usually prescribe the following drugs:
|Venotonics||To restore blood circulation, it is necessary to normalize outflow of venous blood. To this end, appoint Venazol, Flebodia, Detralex.|
|Nootropics||Affect the metabolism in the brain tissues, restore memory, are used to prevent oxygen starvation (Piracetam, Cerebrolysin, Ceraxon, Citicoline).|
|Vasodilator drugs||Eliminate dizziness, headaches caused by vascular spasm. Assign Tanakan, Cavinton,|
|To improve the vestibular apparatus drink Vestibo, Betaserk, Tagista, Betaver (these funds correct the blood circulation of small capillaries).|
It should be remembered that to cure osteochondrosis, only one medication is not enough, the physical activity of a person plays a key role.to the content ↑
What drugs to use in pregnancy?
In most situations, future mothers need drugs to restore blood supply to the brain, when the fetus has placental insufficiency or hypoxia. The most common medications for pregnant women are Instenon, Actovegin, Kurantil.
- Actovegindiffers by rapid absorption, begins to act after half an hour after ingestion. Normalizes blood circulation, reduces chronic and acute oxygen starvation in the fetus, improves blood flow to the placenta. Increases the intake of glucose, creates a supply of energy needed for brain cells.
- . Currantil- a fairly controversial drug in case of pregnancy. For some women, this drug is ideal, and sometimes causes side effects. Tablets are consumed in the second and third trimester, when future mothers and children have a shortage of oxygen. Also, Kurantil performs the function of an angioprotector: it dilutes blood and reduces the likelihood of blood clots.
- Instenon- a combined drug that improves cerebral circulation, but with increased brain pressure (hypertension), it is contraindicated. The drug stimulates the brain and removes puffiness through a diuretic action, normalizes the blood circulation of the placenta.
If the dosage is not respected, headaches, tachycardia, reddening of the facial skin can develop.to the content ↑
Drugs for improving memory
The human brain, which lacks oxygen, reduces efficiency. Deteriores concentration of attention, memory, absentmindedness. With such symptoms, you can contact a neurologist who will prescribe medications that normalize the brain.
Such drugs have a psychotropic effect, their action is aimed at improving blood supply to the blood vessels of the brain. They do not improve the memory quality.
To restore the brain activity is usually prescribed:
- Phenotropil.Accelerates the transport of oxygen, accelerates the breakdown of glucose, which improves vision, activates thinking and improves the assimilation of new knowledge. Sometimes it is prescribed in case of obesity, because this drug reduces appetite.
- Aminalon.It is allowed to use from 3 years. It normalizes brain metabolic processes. Effective in case of speech disorders after circulatory disorders of the brain.
- . Glycine.A drug for relieving nervous tension, normalizing sleep, increasing efficiency. It is allowed for children and pregnant women.
- Picalon.Strengthens resistance to mental stress.
- Memoplant.Normalizes blood microcirculation, relieves the symptoms of oxygen starvation: dizziness, shaky gait, tinnitus. It is forbidden to take children under 12 years old.
- Vitrum memorials.Used for mental overload, lowering of intellectual abilities. It is not recommended to take during pregnancy.
- Fezam.Used to prevent migraine, with memory impairment, impaired concentration. It is not prescribed to pregnant women and children under 5 years of age.
Оля, 28 years old
I often have a head spinning in the summer because of stuffiness, probably something is wrong with the blood vessels. It is necessary to go to the doctor to appoint a suitable drug.
Сергей, 34 years old
The doctor said that I work too much, so blood circulation was disturbed. I took a combined drug called Vazobral. This is very convenient, since it is not necessary to drink several funds at once, just one. I drank Vasobral, everything came back to normal.
Svetlana, 63 years old.
I know a good preparation of Divaz. She drank it for six months, was very pleased with the effect. For me it is important that this is not a dietary supplement and does not cause addiction. Symptoms were a marked decrease in concentration and memory, fatigue. Symptoms disappeared after 1, 1 month after the start of the course.to the content ↑
. There are many drugs that help improve the blood circulation of the brain. They differ in action and have side effects. Uncontrolled reception of such funds can cause harm, so it is necessary to visit a doctor and determine an exact diagnosis.