HivesIs an allergic reaction of the body, which is usually accompanied by itching and burning.
The skin can react differently to external stimuli, perceiving them as a threat.HivesIs an example of a painful allergic reaction.
Hives can develop on a small area of the skin or spread throughout the body. Whereinit is always accompanied by inflammation, itching and redness.
In this article we will tell you about the best home remedies that will help to quickly relieve the condition with hives.
What is the cause of hives?
This skin reaction can be caused by allergic reactions to toxic chemicals or poisons.
In particular, contact with poisonous plants, for example, ivy, can provoke a strong allergy.
The most common causes of urticaria include:
- insect bites
- swimming in cold water
- long stay in the sun in the middle of the day
- steam bath
- change of climate (a trip from a warm place to a cold place and vice versa)
This reaction can also occur if we ate a certain type of food (fish, seafood or nuts).
In some patients, urticaria may be caused by the administration of certain medications (eg, penicillin).
Hives can also be associated with stress, anxiety, or depression..
Do not miss: Depression: 9 products that will help to cope with it.
Some of the symptoms that are most often accompanied by hives:
- blisters and rashes on the skin
- fever or tingling
- burning and itching
- redness of the skin
Home remedies for hives
Symptoms of hives can disappear by themselves after a few hours or days. At the same time, you can help yourself recover faster.
Allergic reactions of the skin can be quickly cured by home remedies that reduce inflammation and itching.
Pay attention to the best means:.
Thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, the onion is ideal for treating hives.
At first, onion juice can be slightly burned, but relief comes very soon.
- Cut the onion into circles and attach it to the painful areas.
- Put a bandage on your skin and leave it for at least half an hour. If the inflammation is very severe, use a half of the bulb.
- Do not rinse.
- When the skin turns red and it itches, it is easiest to eliminate unpleasant symptoms with cold water and ice cubes.
- Then the blood vessels narrowed and the production of histamine stopped(it is he who provokes irritation and burning).
- Do not apply ice cubes directly to the skin - so you can get a burn.
- With a severe form of hives, you can take a cold shower or bath.
Use warm water - it dissolves baking soda better.
- Fill the basin with warm water and dissolve a few tablespoons of soda in it.
- Keep painful places in the soda solution for 20 minutes.
- Gently pat the skin, so as not to irritate it even more.
Due to antihistamine properties, vinegar is often used to relieve inflammation and burning. It also keeps the skin healthy.
- If urticaria is not too common throughout the body, you can moisten the tissue in the vinegar and attach to the inflammation.
- If the irritation is very strong, open the vinegar in cold water and take a 20-minute bath.
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons chamomile flowers (20 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- Bring water and chamomile to a boil in a saucepan.
- Let me piss for 5 minutes and take it off the fire.
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow it to cool for another 5 minutes.
- Strain and sweeten with honey.
- Drink until it is cold.
- Take this infusion three times a week.
It has anti-inflammatory properties and almost instantly calms the symptoms of hives, eliminating burning and speeding up the healing of the skin.
You will need:
- 1 cup baking soda (200 g)
- 2 cups of oatmeal (250 g)
- Mix soda with flour.
- Fill the basin with warm water and add flour and soda to it.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Take the bath for about 15 minutes.
You can also apply oat flour directly to the inflammation (if you do not have oatmeal, use cornstarch or talc).
It is difficult to find a more useful for the skin remedy than aloe vera.
This plant removes redness, accelerates healing and prevents the woundinfected.
- Cut one leaf of aloe vera, extract the flesh and apply the excreted gel to the inflammation zone.
- Let it air dry.