Ethericlavender oilhas many useful properties. It is good for health, has a beneficial effect on the skin and is indispensable in the home. Do you want to know more about this?
In this article we will talk about useful propertieslavender oilsand about the different ways of using it.
When we think of lavender, we imagine huge lavender fields in France. This wild plant with purple flowers can be found in other Mediterranean countries, as well as in some areas of Africa, Asia and India.Lavender grows in dry, sunny places.
Its flowers contain essential fatty acids, coumarins, tannins and saponins.
Benefitlavender oilsfor good health
Lavender has such healing properties:
- Since ancient times, it is known asa wonderful sedative.In ancient Rome, with the help of lavender, we made relaxing baths. Such baths are good for nervous disorders, insomnia, anxiety, stress, etc.
- Lavender has antiseptic properties, which helps to disinfect and heal wounds, treat burns, insect bites, bruises.
Antiviral and antibacterial properties
- Lavender improves skin conditionwith psoriasis and eczema, as it reduces inflammation and relieves burning.
- Promotes good digestion and relieves stress, which acts badly on the stomach.
- Essential oil of lavender, thanks to itsanti-inflammatory and soothing effect, helps to relieve pain.
- Lavender helps with sea (and also "automobile" and "air") illness.
- To a certain extentlowers high blood pressure.
- Prevents hair loss.
Essential oil and other extracts
In essential oil, lavender concentrates in a small volume all its useful properties and aroma. It is obtained by distillation. For this, we needalumbic is a special construction cube. Get it and make essential oil at home is not so simple, it is better to buy butter in the stores of natural products..
Butat home you can make lavender extracts.This can be done in three ways:
- Soaking (maceration) of lavender in a certain oil (almond or olive):Proportion is one part of lavender per 10 parts of butter. We put this mixture in a glass bottle and put it in the sun. From time to time, shake the bottle.
- Insisting lavender on alcohol for a week:Fill the glass bottle with dried lavender flowers and pour ethyl alcohol there.
- Preparation of infusion from dried lavender flowers:This is the simplest and most common way of preparing a concentrated infusion of lavender for rinses, baths and foot baths.
Use in case of health problems
The main ways to use lavender oil in case of health problems:.
- Infusions (used to calm nerves and insomnia).
- Rinse (they are made with inflammation of the upper respiratory tract).
- Relaxing massage with lavender oil is done under stress.
- With migraine, stretching muscles, rheumatic pain in the legs and lower back helps wipe with alcoholic infusion of lavender.
Use to improve the condition of the skin and hair
It is very good to add a few drops of lavender essential oil to our cosmetics for skin and hair care:
- Creams for face and body:Creams with a lavender "additive" help relieve tension, contribute to the recovery of the skin and its getting rid of imperfections.
- Shampoo:This shampoo prevents hair loss.
And lavender oil enhances the effect of other natural ingredients.
Read also: How to make a home lavender soap
Use in the house
Goodadd lavender in some form to cleaning and detergents, as well as in air fresheners. It not only gives a pleasant scent in the house, but also helps to achieve the following goals:
- Scare off insects.
- To create in the house an atmosphere of relaxation and rest.
- Remove fleas from dogs and cats.
Canplace the dried lavender flowers in pouches and lay them in cabinets. Thanks to this, they will maintain a pleasant aroma.
You can make such bags with lavender more, so that they resemble orthopedic pillows for the neck. If we warm up such a "cushion" in the microwave before going to bed and put it under our necks, a wonderful dream is guaranteed to us.