Intestinesmust remain healthy, so that the rest of the body's vital systems can also function normally.
In this article we will tell you about what signs indicate a violation in the workintestinesand why they should be cured as soon as possible.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome: what you need to know
Problems with intestinal health are found in almost a quarter of the world's population, and every year more and more people around the world diagnose irritable bowel syndrome.
It is more common in women, and is usually associated not with nutrition, but with stress, nervousness and fear.
This disease refers to the so-called "functional disorders of the gastrointestinal tract which also include constipation and dyspepsia.
All of them are often accompanied by chronic symptoms, and the number of symptoms increases when the disease takes a more severe form.
Problems with the stomach are most often observed in young people under 45 years. A healthy lifestyle will help to bring the intestines back to normal.
- Do not eat green leafy vegetables, legumes and plums.
- We also recommend that you refrain from liquid dairy products and citrus fruits.
- Try not to eat foods that lead to the formation of gases in the stomach, for example, cabbage and beans.
On the contrary, we advise you to eat more foods rich in fiber and protein.
- It is best to stick to a healthy Mediterranean diet, which includes a lot of fish, olive oil and tomatoes.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water a day to reduce irritation of the intestine, facilitate the movement of chewed food along the gastrointestinal tract and provide your body with prevention of constipation.
- Physical stress is also very important for a more active work of the intestine and neutralization of stress and anxiety.
Do not miss: 10 light natural laxatives, and constipation will no longer be a problem!.
Psychological factors can also cause increased digestive motility or sensitivity. We often suffer from problems with the intestines, when faced with stress, nervousness and anxiety.
Several more causes of bowel disorders:
- Acute gastroenteritis
- Food intolerance
- Genetic factors
- Hormonal changes
Symptoms of bowel disease
Very often we associate these symptoms with indigestion, fatty heavy food and the consequences of an unhealthy lifestyle in general.
You should be alert if these symptoms visit you every week and turn into a rule rather than an exception:
- It concentrates in the upper abdomen, and abrupt or growing colic causes severe discomfort.
- First, the pain in the abdomen is weak, and then its intensity increases to moderate and strong.
- This symptom, as a rule, does not pass and is aggravated within 2 hours, but disappears after defecation.
The pain is accompanied by a sharp desire to go to the toilet, changing the frequency or consistency of the stool.
It can also appear after the last meal.
Disorders of the bowels
They can manifest as constipation or diarrhea, and sometimes both, at once. In addition, they can be associated with bloating and gas formation.
Because of this, it seems to the person that he has not completely emptied the intestine. Also in the stool may appear mucus.
Frequent nausea and vomiting can be a signal of problems with the intestines, as well as pain and burning in the chest.
Also, you should be alert if, even after eating, you again want to eat and the feeling of satiety does not come.
Several signs of bowel cancer
Problems with the intestines can be cured with proper nutrition and lack of stress, and also making sure that we are not talking about any serious diseases, such as cancer.
Here are the most common symptoms of this disease:
Cramps in the abdomen
They are often a sign of overeating. If they do not go away for a long time, they are not accompanied by other symptoms and become more intense before disappearing, it may be an intestinal cancer.
In truth, it's normal to feel tired from time to time.
However, one should be alert, if, regardless of how many hours we sleep and what we do, we constantly feel tired, sleepy and exhausted.
Unexplained weight loss
If you do not stick to a diet and have not changed your eating habits, but continue to lose weight, you need to consult a doctor.
Loss of at least 5% of weight in six monthsIs a sign that something is wrong with your digestive, endocrine and other systems.
Carcinogenic cells consume fat for their own development. Also, the immune system burns more calories than usual, when it is at risk.
You knew that: These 5 fruits will help lose weight! But how to consume them properly?
Changes in the appearance of feces
Traces of blood and changes in color, composition and size of feces are warning signs that indicate that something is wrong with your intestines.
This may indicate the presence of polyps in the intestine and even cancer.
Image courtesy of © wikiHow.com