Dementiaturns into a serious problem, with each year embracing an increasing number of people. In the coming decades, the incidence of this disease is expected to increase. But this is not an excuse to give up. It is just necessary to give yourself an account of this and take measures to prevent this disease.Increase in the number of casesdementiahas its own explanation.
The fact is that the life expectancy of people increases every year. This means that every timeIn our society there are more elderly people. In turn, this age group has a high risk of developing degenerative diseases of the nervous system, for example, Alzheimer's disease. Dementia is also among them.
That's why we have to face a reality that might seem strange a few decades ago.
This means that each of us needs to take appropriate measures. Medical specialists and scientists should develop new methods of treating these diseases and improve their diagnosis.
Public institutions need to develop an adequate system of care for such patients, which would guarantee them a decent life in good conditions.
As for each individual, we have a great responsibility:each of us needs to take good care of our health and take actionin order to reduce the risk of developing dementia in the elderly.
It is very important. Although none of us have a hundred percent possibility to be protected from various diseases, this probability can be significantly reduced. Whether dementia becomes our problem or not depends on our habits and the way of life that we lead.
1. Stimulation of the brain: Sudoku alone is not enough
In order to avoid a decrease in intellectual abilities, it is necessary to stimulate the brain..
The human brain is an amazing organ possessing high neuroplasticity. Thanks to it, we create new connections between neurons on a daily basis and create new neural strata.
So, if you think that it will be enough for just crosswords and sudoku, you are deeply mistaken.
- For the prevention of dementia, a person needs social interaction, communication, new goals and experience, and training.It is necessary to expand the prospects of our inner world, laugh, argue and find inspiration in the people that surround us.
- When we learn something new, our brain gets a strong stimulation. And the more complex the new skills, the better. For example,a great help in the prevention of dementia in people over 60 years of age can be taught by playing a musical instrument.
2. Omega-3 fatty acids
The oil contained in the fish well feeds our brain.The same goes for walnuts, avocados and other products containing large amounts of omega 3 fatty acids..
- These nutrients improve the performance of our intelligence, allow us to take care of heart health and are an excellent prevention of neurodegenerative age-related diseases.
- It will never be superfluous to make small changes to your diet and include in your diet products containing omega-3, or the corresponding vitamin complexes.
3. Aspirin and brain health
The use of aspirin can eventually reduce the risk of developing Alzheimer's disease.This conclusion was reached by British scientists whose research results were published in the pages of the "Telegraph" magazine.
- In their opinion, a small amount of aspirin, taken at a certain age, is able to protect the cells of the brain.
- Acetylsalicylic acid soothes inflammation in the muscles and joints, and also protects the brain from degenerative diseases and death of neurons.
- Aspirin also dilutes blood, which is a good prevention of heart attack and stroke.
- It's about taking a small amount of aspirin every day.
Your doctor must assess the level of risk of developing neurodegenerative diseases, taking into account your individual characteristics. After that, he will tell you whether to take aspirin.
4. Exercise and Mediterranean diet
A good diet should include not only omega-3 fatty acids, but alsocellulose, fresh vegetables and fruits, poultry meat and nuts.
- If you want to take care of the health of the heart and brain, it is recommended to drink a glass of red wine a day.
- Mediterranean diet is the most balanced food system, to which each of us can join.
- Pay attention to olive oil and rice, avoid the use of semi-finished products. Eat seasonal vegetables and fruits, try to include in your diet as much as possible natural products. Thanks to this, your body will always receive a sufficient amount of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants beneficial for health.
- It should be remembered that if you want to have a high quality of life and avoid senile dementia, you need to give time to physical exercises.
Be active every day, take walks, swim, dance, ride a bike, climb the stairs on foot.Remember that if you have a choice between watching TV and walking, it is always better to choose the latter.
5. Dementia and heart
In this article, we talked about how you can help your brain keep health and activity up to deep, support its neural connections and provide it with all the necessary nutrient microelements. Over time, this will create a strong armor to protect against neurodegenerative diseases.
So, there is one more factor that needs to be paid attention.If we do not care about our heart, our brain gradually becomes weaker, loses health and ability to withstand various diseases.
That is why it is so important to maintain the following indicators in the norm:
- Cholesterol level in the blood
- Blood sugar level
- Arterial pressure
- Body mass
Finally, it should be noted thatan important role in the prevention of dementia is played by our emotional health.
Remember that stress and nervous tension are the worst enemies of the brain and the heart of a person.