If you are familiar with the difficulties of sleeping, most likely, you have already tried various methods to combat insomnia:infusions, cocktails, medicines, anatomical pillows ...
When it comes to insomnia, we have to get a variety of advice every day, we we get acquainted with various ways to combat insomnia and recommendations that promise to have a full healthysleep.
So we today also address this topic, only this time we will try to avoid the banal recommendations and talk about curious ways to combat insomnia.According to the results of the conducted studies, these tips proved to be effective in practice and really allow to improve the qualitysleep.
1. Temperature in the bedroom for a good night's sleep
After conducting a series of studies, specialists came to the conclusion that the most favorable temperature for sleeping in the room is from 15 to 20 degrees.When the temperature exceeds the upper limit, it becomes more difficult to fall asleep.
Thus, the University of California at Berkeley for five years conducted a study in which scientists came to the conclusion that the lower temperature in the bedroom allows you to have a stronger and more restoring sleep. Is not it curious?
But many of us do the opposite: in winter we turn on heating to the maximum and cover ourselves with warm blankets and blankets.
It is best that the air temperature in the bedroom does not rise above 20 degrees.Ideal - that it was slightly below this mark. That is why it is so often difficult for usfall asleepin summer.Take a closer look at the thermometer in the bedroom and this night you will notice the result.
2. Get your feet from under the blanket
You must be surprised at this strange advice. But many of us like to sleep in this position!Of course, this recommendation has its own explanation. The results of the corresponding study were published in the pages of the journal Science of Us:.
- During sleep, the temperature of the human body is reduced by a couple of degrees.
- When we suffer from insomnia, this does not happen.If we do not sleep, the temperature of our body does not change, and gradually we begin to experience anxiety.
- Our legs are excellent regulators of body temperature, so in order to normalize the temperature balance and relax, try to stick a blank leg out from under the blanket.It will cool, which will lower the temperature of your body, as a result of which you will sleep stronger and get better sleep. This tool will never deceive!
3. Advantages of sleep on the left side
We have repeatedly talked about the benefits of this dream. This has a beneficial effect on our health. If you sleep on your left side:
- It is at night that many organs of the human body work with greater intensity and efficiency.For example, the lymphatic system. It is at night in our body that such important processes are activated, such as purification, water exchange, supply of cells with oxygen... When we lying on the right side, our body becomes more difficult to do this work, and sleep becomes less deep and restoring.
- When we sleep on the left side, the digestive system functions better.Her organs are not subject to pressure,stomacheffectively performs its work. After such a dream, you will never feel any heaviness in the stomach, or bloating.It is the dream on the left side that promotes the greatest relaxation and is the best option for our body.
4. Turn off the phone and other gadgets two hours before bedtime
For most of us, it became a habit to go to bed with a phone or laptop. After all, before going to bed, we want to go to social networks, exchange messages with friends, write a letter to relatives... After that, we put the phone aside and try to sleep.At this point, we understand that the dream has taken off as a hand, and we spend in bed from half an hour to two hours before we go to sleep.
Do you know this? According to one of the associations dealing with health and the environment, the work of our bodies is based on electrical impulses. When they are exposed to other impulses, this leads to various consequences for our health:
- Change in individual human biorhythms
- Feeling tired in the morning
- Problems with concentration and attention throughout the day.
Therefore, starting today, keep in mind this simple recommendation: if you want to have a sound and healthy sleep, turn off the computer, phone and TV two hours before bedtime.It's possible that you are used to watching movies in bed before going to bed. If you are worried about sleeping problems, we recommend that you reconsider this habit.
Do not forget: turn off all the gadgets two hours before you go to sleep.Take a hot, relaxing shower and go to bed. Prepare an interesting book and calmly read it before going to sleep.In this case, your body will gradually become calm and relax, until at some point your eyelids close and you are not under the power of sleep.