It is believed thatcucumbera native of India, although there is no exact confirmation of this. But it is known thatgrow this fruit for , 00 years already(on the territory of West Asia) and today it is one of the most consumed products in the world.
For centuriescucumberwas part of the daily diet of millions of people, since thisan ideal addition to vegetable saladsand many other dishes.
If you believe in scientific research, then in the cucumber there are very useful for our health compounds thatwith regular consumptionpositively affect the work of the whole organism.
Today, cucumber takes a very important place in the diet of those people who want to get rid of extra pounds, sohow it really contributes to weight loss and strengthens health.
But despite this, many still underestimate the cucumber and do not include it in the list of their favorite vegetables, because they do not know how useful it can be.
And today we would like to tell you about the cleansing properties and other equally important benefits of cucumber, which can be useful to improve your health and overall health.
Nutritional value of cucumber
In every 100 g of cucumber contains:
- 20 kcal
- 95% water
- , g carbohydrates
- , 9 g of protein
- , 3 g of fat
- Vitamins A, E, C, B6 and niacin
- Minerals: calcium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and iron.
Cleansing properties of cucumber
Since the cucumber is such a low-calorie product and contains so much water, it is considered one of the best cleansing and tonic natural remedies.
Due to these properties this vegetable improves the health of people andpromotes weight loss naturally.
Among its main advantages are the following:
- Cucumber is 95% water, and therefore stimulates the work of the kidneys and regulates the activity of the urinary tract.
- Provides the body with a significant amount of dietary fiber (fiber), they cause a feeling of satiety and thereby reduce the total amount of calories consumed.
- Seeds of cucumber have a mild laxative effect, they stimulate intestinal peristalsis and prevent the formation of constipation.
- YetCucumber acts as a protective agent for the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines, all thanks to one of the components included in its composition, called erepsin.
Other advantages that the cucumber possesses
Despite the fact that the bulk of the cucumber is water,this does not mean that it does not contain vitamins and other important nutrients.
In addition to its cleansing properties, the cucumber is also useful because:
- whatcontains a lot of phytonutrients;
- Provides our body with flavonoids, such as quercetin, apigenin, luteolin and kaempferol;
- Yetis a source of vitamin K, which acts as an anti-inflammatory and antihemorrhagic (hemostatic) agent;
- Contains a significant amount of vitamin C, known for its antioxidant properties and ability to strengthen the body's immune system;
- Beneficial effect on the work of the heart, thanks to the content of minerals such as potassium and magnesium;
- Manganese, also part of the cucumber, helps the formation of bone tissue;
- Silicon dioxide is an important mineral for the health of nails, bones and other tissues in the body;
- And antioxidant compounds and coffee acid (which are contained in the skin of the cucumber) improve the skin condition, relieve irritation and reduce inflammation.
How correctly to include a cucumber in your diet?
The best way to take advantage of the useful properties of cucumber is to include it in your dietin fresh (raw) form.
- In salads
- Vegetable smoothies (smoothies)
- Natural juices
- In the infusions (cucumber water)
But there are other good recipes, for example:
- The vinaigrette
- Stuffed cucumbers
- Sandwiches with cucumber
- Cucumber jam
Due to the high content of water and nutrients in the cucumber, most people can consume it regularly without any risk to their health. However, even in the cucumber there is also an element such as cucurbitin, whichin some people causes indigestion and increased gas production.
In addition, there are individual cases of allergic reactions to the various compounds that make up the cucumber. Symptoms are: swelling of the mouth, larynx or tongue.
Also cucumbercontraindicated to people suffering from diverticulosisor irritated bowel at the stage of diarrhea.
And finally, excessive consumption of cucumbers can lead to dehydration of the body (due to the cleansing properties, which we mentioned above). Although the latter is not a big risk, since such a case can arise when consuming a very large number of cucumbers in a short time.