Sometimes highcholesterolbecomes a surprise for us. How could this happen if you always eat properly and do not suffer from excess weight?
When it comes tocholesterol, people tend to believe in a huge number of very different myths. The level of cholesterol does not depend on the age and excess weight, although it is considered to be.
This secret enemy of our heart appears as if from nowhere and when you least expect it. Unfortunately, we do not suspect it until it's too late: heart failure or heart attack.
It is very important to have regular check-ups with a doctor, regardless of whether you are 20, 40 or 60 years old. That is why it is very important to take care of prevention, to learn as much as possible about this disease and not to confuse it with other diseases with similar symptoms.
Do not forget that even today the cardiovascular diseases remain the main cause of death.
We have picked up for you a number of interesting facts that may be useful.
1. Where does cholesterol come from?
We are used to hearing about the dangers of cholesterol everywhere, but we do not even know what it is and where it came from.
Do not miss: 7 habits that negatively affect our heart
- Cholesterol itself is not bad. Only its excess is harmful to the body, but cholesterol itself is a type of fat that is very important for the proper functioning of the cells of our body.
- As soon as the cholesterol level becomes too high,In our arteries it becomes too much and our health is under threat.
- Cholesterol is produced by our own body, or rather, by the liver. Also we get cholesterol with food.
It is important to control food intake with high cholesterol, especially children.
2. "Good" and "bad" cholesterol
We very often hear about "good" and "bad" cholesterol. The secret is to maintain a balance between them and never exceed the "bad" cholesterol (LDL) level of 200 mg / dl.
Let's take a closer look at the difference between these two types of cholesterol:
- "Good" cholesterol (HDL) moves from the arteries to the liver, where it is split. If its level is slightly above 200 mg / dl, nothing terrible will happen.
- "Bad" cholesterol should never exceed this figure.
- LDL is transported from the liver to internal organs to repair cell membranes.
- If they become too much, they accumulate in the body and harm our health.
3. Cholesterol and the genetic component
Family hypercholesterolemia is a real disease that can not be ignored. This disorder is inherited from parents to children and can, for example, cause a heart attack at an early age.
- That's why it's very important to consult a doctor if your parents are suffering from high cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Family hypercholesterolemia is associated with a defect of the 19th chromosome.It is this small defect that does not allow our body to remove bad LDL-cholesterol from the blood, until it accumulates in a rather large amount.
- Family hypercholesterolemia does not allow you to easily reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood, but, fortunately, the treatment can give a fairly good result.
- This disease can lead to a heart attack in a person younger than 40 years. If you do not regularly do blood cholesterol levels, it can be fatal.
Also read: Eggplant water will help control cholesterol and burn fat!
4. Plant sterols and cholesterol
Some people think that when taking drugs based on plant sterols, they can lower the cholesterol level in the blood.
- Let's define once and for all: plant sterols help, but they just will not work.
- If we eat every day from, to, g foods with phytosterols, we will reduce the cholesterol level in the blood by 7-10% after three weeks.
To balance the level of cholesterol in the blood, you need to hit it immediately on all fronts.
5. Just proper nutrition is not enough
There are many fresh fruits and vegetables not enough, if, for example, we continue to smoke. There are fewer sugars and saturated fats also not enough if our weight is still above normal.
Also read: 5 delicious fruits that will help to normalize cholesterol. Add color and flavor to your diet!
- When cholesterol plaques become hard, our arteries become much more difficult to restore internal balance.
- Proper nutrition should be supplemented with sports, physical activity and rejection of bad habits.
- Quit smoking, lead an active lifestyle and watch for calories.
Be sure to consult with a doctor on this matter. If you monitor the level of cholesterol in your blood, your life will be much more pleasant.