In recent yearsrice wateris becoming more popular. It has its own reasons: it is useful for the skin andhair, and also contributes to the solution of some health problems, for example, helps to cope with diarrhea.
Rice wateris a source of various vitamins and minerals. It is effective in the treatment of vomiting and diarrhea, and also stimulates the production of breast milk in nursing mothers.
In Asia, rice water is a popular means for body care, because thanks to its nutritional properties and high content of vitamins, it preserves the beauty and health of the skin and hair. But that's not all... Do you want to know more about the beneficial properties of rice water?
The use of rice water for human health
Rice water is rich in B vitamins, folic acid, iron, potassium, zinc and magnesium.When cooking rice, these substances contained in the croup, dissolve in water..
This is especially true of white rice, because whole-grain rice loses less vitamins and minerals during cooking. The benefits of rice decoction for our health is diverse:
- Fills the body with energy
- Helps to solve the problems of the digestive system (diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, etc.)
- Is good prophylaxis of gastroenteritis
- Regulates body temperature
- It is recommended to pregnant women, since rice water stimulates the production of breast milk
- Soothes irritations on the skin
- Helps prevent and cope withconstipations.
Rice water and beauty
Rice water is very useful for our skin, because it contains various vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.It is able to protect our skin from exposure to sunlight, helps cure inflammation, soothes irritated skin, and also prevents premature aging.
Inositol- a compound that is contained in rice water - stimulates cell growth and normalizes blood circulation.This helps to avoid premature aging of the body, struggles with age signs, reduces the amount of open pores on the skin.The use of rice water as a cosmetic product has several advantages:
- The skin becomes softer and smoother
- Rice water can be used as a natural tonic
- Helps to open and clean the blocked pores on the face
- Soothes irritated skin
- Creates a protective layer on the skin
- Using rice water for hair care gives them shine, the hair becomes soft and tender.
How to cook rice water
Some people believe that rice water is water, which remains after we wash the rice before cooking. This is not true. Of course, such water can also be used, but it will not bring such benefit to our body as real rice water.
Rice water, referred to in this article, is obtained only as a result of cooking rice.
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 4 glasses of water
- Pour into a pan 4 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Add the rice and cook it on low heat for 20 minutes.
- When the rice is ready, strain the decoction. After that, pour rice water into a sealed container of glass. If you are going to use it for skin care, store a container of water in the refrigerator. When the rice water cools down, you can apply it to the skin with a cotton pad.
As for pregnant women, experts recommend drinking 8-10 glasses of rice water during the day.
In Mexico, rice water is usually addedcinnamonand sugar. In this case, it becomes more sweet and fragrant. It fits well with dairy products and nuts.But if you want to use rice water to treat diarrhea, it is better to choose a classic option.