Ginger- a great healer, and you probably already heard more than once about the medicinal properties, which he has in abundance. Many cultures have traditionally used it for the treatment of various ailments and diseases for many centuries. And the majority of its medicinal properties is associated with women's health:gingerit can warm your feet when it's cold, increase the libido during menopause, prevent nausea during pregnancy and accelerate metabolism. But not only!
In today's article we will tell you what exactly ginger can be useful, and also talk about various ways of its consumption (that the dishes where it is used, were not only useful, but also unusually delicious).
So, ginger ...
Ginger (or ginger medicinal / common) since ancient times is widely used in eastern countries, it possesses original original taste, sweet, refreshing and at the same time spicy aroma, it is with nothing else confuse it..
Useful properties of ginger
Regular consumption of ginger will bring health the following benefits:
- This is a natural anti-inflammatory and anesthetic: ginger is recommended for the treatment of inflammatory processes and such painful conditions as, for example, arthritis, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, and also with chronic fatigue.
- Promotes digestion:helps to cope with stomach upset, flatulence, treats gastritis, stomach ulcer, diarrhea, etc. Yet It is used as a "protective" agent, before taking medications, it protects the stomach from exposure alcohol.
- Relieves pain and sore throat: ginger helps to cope with infections and inflammatory processes in the throat, and professional singers use it even in case of hoarseness of voice.
- Helps with nausea and vomiting: especially recommended for women in early pregnancy (first trimester), ginger does not have contraindications to the use, it does not cause any side effects and will not harm the mother, nor the fetus. It is also an excellent tool in addition to the course of chemotherapy in the treatment of cancer.
- During the journey (in the car or on water transport) saves from motion sickness.
- Ginger warms: this plant has an excellent warming property, and it does not matter, take it inside or use it externally. We recommend to use it in cold season to people suffering from chills. It should also be taken into account that consumption of ginger in hot weather can cause increased sweating.
- Accelerates metabolism: the warming qualities of ginger contribute to the acceleration of metabolism, which is very important if you want to lose weight.
- Increases libido: ginger refers to natural aphrodisiacs. It is recommended to mix ginger with cinnamon (powder) and honey and eat one tablespoon per day.
- Prevents the development of cardiovascular diseases and improves blood circulation: nevertheless, if you are already taking any medications, then there may be resistance, so in this case, you should consult a doctor beforehand.
How can it be taken?
Ginger can be eaten in various forms:.
- Root of ginger in raw form: you can grate and add to the dishes.
- Powder: in the treatment of certain ailments and diseases it is recommended to take ginger in the form of a powder in order to be able to control the dosage. Do not exceed the daily dose of 2 g (or better consult with a specialist).
- Configure: Today you can easily find ginger-confi in pharmacies. The only thing to note is that in this form, ginger contains a large amount of sugar.
- Infusion: it will be the perfect remedy to keep warm.
- Fresh juice: the juice of ginger, if not to abuse its amount, can enrich the taste and add original notes, for example, apple, pineapple or carrot juice.
- Essential oil: in this form, ginger is good for use for massage or to warm your feet. To do this, you need to mix the essential oil of ginger with your usual moisturizer and thoroughly rub the frozen limbs. Soon you will notice how it became warm, and maybe even hot.
In any of the above, ginger can be added as an ingredient to your favorite dishes.He will help, for example, make cakes, biscuits, cakes and other homemade cakes more juicy and refreshing.
You can also bring the milk to a boil, add ginger, cinnamon, anise and turmeric, andyou will get an original spicy warming drink.
In Japanese cuisine, as is known, marinated ginger is widely used, itserved by sushi. It looks like pinkish leaves and has a unique specific taste. And it is served to update the taste after eating the food so that it does not mix with the new one.
Finally,ginger-confitwill help us to decorate desserts and other dishes in an original way. It can also be dipped in hot chocolate and put in a refrigerator, so you will getchocolateswith spicy flavors.
Illustrations: Chiot's Run y Renée S. Suen.