Vinegar - an essential and, it can be said, even an indispensable ingredient for refueling our favorite salads and cooking other dishes, but it has one more not less significant quality, with its help it is easy to bring order and cleanliness to house. Vinegar has a specific smell, but it perfectly cleanses any surfaces and gives them shine. If you did not know it, then we suggest to get acquainted with the most effective options for its use for cleaning in your home.
Why use vinegar?
In addition to taking care of the environment (after all, vinegar is a natural substance, which means that we will not merge into Drainage toxic chemicals that are contained in purchased cleaning products), you can still do well save. Vinegar will be useful in performing completely different tasks, it is an eco-friendly product, it does not cause allergic reactions and irritations, so you can safely use it in your kitchen. Here are some ideas for its use in cleaning:
Cleans and polishes any surfaces:
- Removes limescale from the shower head and faucets:for this you will need to remove them from the bathroom or sink and soak in water, diluted with vinegar, for two hours. Then just rinse. Lime scale should disappear, and if the stains are old and heavily ingested in the surface, then you may have to rub a little with a brush or sponge.
- Is able to clean CD and DVD disks: these items are very vulnerable to rub them heavily (due to the possibility of scratching, which will probably spoil the sound). So just moisten a piece of cloth in the vinegar and wipe the surface of the discs, you will get a perfect result and no scratches!
- Perfectly copes with traces of tea and coffee on the dishes.You probably noticed that after the water was boiled, there is a sediment and a distinctive white or brownish coating on the bottom. To get rid of it, simply fill the container with water with vinegar dissolved in it and put it on the fire, as if you were going to make tea or coffee. Allow a few minutes to puff, then remove from heat and rinse.
- Eliminates the unpleasant odor in the room:just fill any vessel with water, splash a little vinegar and leave indoors, without covering the lid, until the unpleasant odor disappears. This is an excellent solution to the problem, for example, if the walls are newly painted and the smell of the paint is still very strong. In this case, it is recommended to change the water with vinegar every 12 hours and repeat this procedure for three consecutive days (depending on the need).
- Eliminates the unpleasant odor in the refrigerator:as in the previous case, you can simply put in a refrigerator any container of water and vinegar, or when you will wash the refrigerator, do this with vinegar, diluted in water (they can be washed and doors, and boxes, and shelves).
- Removes rust:if at home you have things that have damaged rust (whether it's a bicycle, a can opener or potato peeler), use vinegar to clean these items (just grate them with vinegar and leave for effects for 24 hours).
- Removes stains from water from wooden surfaces:if you have, for example, a wooden table, and someone has already put a glass on it, until you have time to lay a tablecloth, then most likely there is a round trace on the table. From such traces can also be easily disposed of with vinegar, just mix it with olive oil in equal proportions and wipe the surface of the table.
- Easily removes various stickers and price tags:it can be a sticker on jars and other glass or plastic objects or children's stickers, whatever. If you want to remove them, just dab with vinegar and wait. Soon they will begin to "peel off" as if by magic, and you will not have to make any effort.
- Cleans pots and pans:well soak the dishes with vinegar and leave to work for half an hour. Then, wash the dishwashing detergent and wipe it again with vinegar, this time with a soft cloth.
- Eliminates the unpleasant odors of the drainage system:and also cleans plums, preventing the formation of blockages in them. To do this, pour baking soda into the drain hole, and then pour half a cup of vinegar into it. Cover and leave for 15 minutes, then open and turn on cold water.
- Disinfects fruits and vegetables:place the fruits and vegetables in a container of water and splash a little vinegar, leave for 10 minutes. This is the ideal disinfectant for foods that are eaten raw (for example, lettuce, tomatoes, apples, peaches, etc.).
- Cleans the dishwasher:this household appliance in the kitchen with time begins to not very pleasant to smell, because it accumulates the remains of food. To clean your au pair, pour a cup of vinegar into the compartment intended for the detergent means or powder (tablets), and turn on for the shortest time mode, without loading at the same time dishes.
- Effectively removes unpleasant odors in the kitchen:if you cook fried fish, cauliflower or grilled meat, then with vinegar these smells can be eliminated in a matter of minutes. Simply boil a cup of water with one tablespoon of vinegar.
- Helps to get rid of the smell of cigarettes ("smoky" clothes):draw a hot water bath and add there two cups of vinegar. Hang clothes over the bathroom. Another version of the use of vinegar to "restore" clothing, it is protection from fading. Before putting dark things in the washing machine, soak it for half an hour in vinegar. You can also add a cup of vinegar during the last wash cycle as a rinse aid. Do not be afraid of the vinegar smell, when the clothes dry, it will disappear.
- Removes wine spots (on the same day):just soak the clothes with vinegar and leave for a while before putting it in the washing machine. This option will be effective for cotton or synthetic clothing (made of polyester), provided that the procedure will be performed within 24 hours after the appearance of the stain.
- Cleans the garbage disposal:If you have a chute in the house, then you probably know how difficult it is to cope with the unpleasant odor emanating from it. But vinegar will help us here! You just need to splash a little vinegar or make ice cubes with the addition of vinegar and put them in the garbage chute, be sure they will do their thing.
Illustrations: Chris Martin, Stu Spivack, Breibeest, Kate Ter Haar, Puamelia, Mike McCune.