Ironis one of the most commonly used devices in the home of any hostess. But, strangely enough, we usually forget about taking care of this necessary device or even do not consider it necessary.
But if you look at yourironmore carefully, you will notice that synthetic fibers adhere to its ironing surface and gradually they become so much thatthe iron gets dark.
And all would be nothing, but once ironing with such iron some bright thingyou risk spoiling it and then just throw it away,but all because they were too lazy to clean their home appliance in time.
Since this phenomenon is very common, we have selected for youseveral effective wayssolve this problem and hurry to share them.
Be sure to try it in practice!
1. White vinegar
Our main (we will not be afraid of this word) environmentally friendly ally in the struggle for cleanliness in the house is useful also forremove dark spots from the surface of the iron.
Acidic compounds in the composition of vinegar facilitate this process and return the metallic parts of the iron to their original shine.
How to use vinegar?
- Heat a small amount of white vinegar and rub the ironing surface of your iron with a cloth or sponge.
- If in the existing openings of the household appliance there are still scorched remains of tissues, Take the cotton swab and with it remove all dirt to make the surface flawless clean.
2. Large salt
Salt is also very often used for cleaning in the house and itPerfect for ironing.
How to use it?.
- Take the newspaper sheet and sprinkle it with a large salt.
- Then warm up the iron and go through the newspaper several times in the direction from front to back (until all the dark spots disappear).
- Pollution should remain on paper, but just in case at the end of this cleansing procedure you can wipe the surface of the iron with a soft cloth.
Clean the iron - this is another event that your toothpaste can handle (who said that it can only be used for its intended purpose?).
Its active compounds make it easy to get rid of burnt spots on the surface of the iron and prepare it for further use.
How to use toothpaste?
- Squeeze a small amount of toothpaste on the cold ironing surface of the iron and rub it with a clean cloth.
- Then turn on the steam function (heat) for 5 minutes and turn it off.
- While the iron is still warm, polish its surface with a soft cloth and remove the remnants of the paste (it will look like a cream).
Another household remedy that will help you look after your iron is candle wax.
This substance is able to remove even the most persistent and stale spots,returning your electric device to its original appearance.Believe me, he will shine, like a new one!
How to use wax?
- Turn on the iron, grate the candle with a dark spot on its ironing surface and, making sure that the iron is not too hot, remove the wax with a soft cloth.
- If this does not completely remove the contamination, then use a small amount of vinegar to complete the cleaning procedure.
5. Washing powder
Washing powder is also suitable for cleaning the surface of an ironprovided that it has an anti-stick coating.
How to use it?
- Take a little detergent, add a small amount of water and mix it. Then moisten the resulting mixture with a clean cloth and wipe it with your iron.
6. White vinegar and baking soda
The combination of white vinegar and soda - a famous assistant in everyday life. Will not let you downhe usand here! These two ingredients really make it much easier to clean the house.
In this case, their active compoundsRemove dark spots from the surface of the ironand give her her original shine and soft glide when ironing.
Just make sure that the appliance is switched off and has cooled down sufficiently.
How to use this home remedy?
- Dilute white vinegar in water (in equal proportions).
- Damp a clean cloth in the resulting liquid and pour on it a small amount of soda.
- Then walk to her on the surface of the iron, making small circular movements (this will speed up the process).
The properties of lemon juice in combination with the baking soda already familiar to us will be another excellent tool for the care of such a household appliance, like an iron.
Acidic compounds contained in lemon juice can effectively remove contaminants and leave the surface not only flawlessly clean, but also shiny.
How to use this tool?
- Squeeze out the lemon juice and mix it with a little baking soda.
- When you get a thick paste, apply it on the cold ironing surface of the iron and leave to work for 5 minutes.
- Then remove the excess with a damp cloth and turn on the iron for a few minutes to make it dry.
Choose the method that you liked most, and do not forget about it during the operation of the iron. If you carry out such procedures to cleanse its surface regularly, then terrible spots will simply not appear, and your clothes will not suffer from them.