Although it seems thatantibacterialsoapprotects us from bacteria, in fact it can greatly damage our immune system.
At home, we often use a variety of items for personal hygiene and household needs. Some of them are not as useful as they seem, and can lead to serious health problems when used improperly.
At first they are harmless, butgradually they accumulate various microorganisms and fungi, which can cause infections.
This is due to the fact that they get dirty very quickly and toxins accumulate on them, which can cause an allergic reaction in the body.
In this article, we will tell you about the 6 most common subjects, which should be treated with caution.
1. Washcloths and sponges for the bathroom
Washcloths are designed to help us better cleanse the skin and remove dead cells.
Regardless of the material they are made of, they represent an ideal breeding ground for bacteria and fungi.
Many people use washcloths of each other or use the same washcloth for a long time without disinfecting it and not knowing that it is very easy to transmit infections and skin diseases.
It is best to buy a loofah or a natural loofah, which contains enzymes that inhibit the growth of microorganisms.
In addition, do not forget to regularly change sponges and disinfect them with antibacterial substances, for example, white vinegar.
Pay attention: 15 things that apple cider vinegar is capable of!.
Blender is a very useful kitchen appliance, which makes cooking easier, but if used improperly, it can be dangerous to health.
The blender stand and other rubber parts on its body take the third place among the kitchen accessories with a pathogenic environment, most favorable for the development of microbes, mold and bacteria assalmonella and E. coli.
That's why after each use of the blender you need to completely disassemble and rinse every part of it, including rubber surfaces.
3. Antibacterial soap
Despite the fact that this product was invented for the destruction of bacteria on the hands, as a resultantibacterial soapalso destroys beneficial bacteria.
Soap, gels and antibacterial cleansers increase the risk of coughing, irritation of the larynx and allergies.
In addition, they tend to contain triclosan, which disrupts the work of muscles, increases the risk of developing heart disease and reduces the activity of reproductive hormones..
4. Cotton buds
Cotton sticks are regularly used to remove excess sulfur accumulating in the ears.
Despite the fact that experts regularly remind that this habit is dangerous to health, people are not in a hurry to give it up.
Thus, they only push most of the sulfur into the inner ear, which can block the auditory canal.
The more sulfur accumulates in the inner ear, the more released there is a substance called histamine, which causes irritation and inflammation.
To remove surplus sulfur from the ear, it is better to bury in the ear hydrogen peroxide, olive oil or saline.
5. Accessories for manicure and pedicure
On manicure accessories accumulate a huge number of bacteria that live on our skin.
This situation is exacerbated when the whole family uses the same nail files, tweezers and scissors, not disinfecting them.
Each use involves direct contact with the skin of the hands and feet and nails, after which they can become inflamed and become infected.
After each use, do not forget to disinfect tools for manicure and pedicure with antibacterial substances.
Pumice and orange sticks also need to be changed at least once a month.
Be sure to read: Perfect manicure at home: 6 simple steps
Rubber utensils and accessories made of this material are especially popular, as they are very practical and do not scratch pots and pans.
The problem is that after each use this material decomposes and its protective layer is broken, which makes its qualitative purification difficult.
Gradually you can see how the kitchen accessories fade and they appear small stains from moisture or mold.
In addition, pathogenic microorganisms, for example, fungi and E. coli, can accumulate on the handles and attachments.
It is best to disinfect the dishes after each use or use dishes from another material.
As you could see, many things that seemed useful to you, in fact, can harm our health if we do not take some precautions.
Try to follow our advice from now on to protect your health.