Often suspicions of pregnancy begin to slip into the head of a woman at the most inopportune moment - early in the morning on holiday, when pharmacies are still closed, and polyclinics do not work. How to determine a pregnancy without a test and a diagnostic examination by a doctor, but at the same time is the most reliable? In such cases it is possible to resort to popular methods in the people.
At basal temperature.
This method is easy to perform at home, because a conventional medical thermometer is in every home. The only nuance of the method is that it requires scrupulous daily monitoring of the body's condition.
Basal refers to the internal temperature of the body, i.e. measured not on the surface of the skin (in the armpit), but inside the body (in the rectum, in the vagina, in the mouth). In order to correctly interpret it, it is necessary to conduct daily morning measurements with a thermometer, starting from the first day of the menstrual cycle, with the entry of values into the notebook.
By the divergence of temperature fluctuations, it is possible to make various assumptions about the hormonal state of a woman. Usually, in the middle of the cycle, when ovulation occurs, the basal temperature rises above 37 ° C. Then, if the egg does not fertilize, the concentration of hormones to maintain a possible pregnancy decreases, the body temperature decreases. But with successful conception hormones that preserve pregnancy are included in the work, and it is their significant content in the body that leaves the basal temperature at a high level.
Thus, if to the prospective start of the next monthly a woman sees that on the schedule of her basal temperature there is no usual decrease, it is possible to suspect with a high degree of likelihood pregnancy..
Self-diagnosis of a suspected pregnancy by temperature is the most reliable method, because it is based on a physiological rise in body temperature, which is observed in almost all pregnant women. But you need to take into account the fact that the basal level of temperature can vary and in non-pregnant case of taking alcoholic drinks on the eve of measurement, stress, sexual intercourse, impaired hormonal background.
With the help of soda
Assessing the acidity of urine at home using soda, you can also indirectly check the pregnancy. To do this, in the morning urine collected in a clean glass, add a teaspoon of baking soda and observe the chemical reaction. If soda will sizzle during dissolution, then according to folk observations, there is no pregnancy. With a quiet sinking of soda to the bottom in the form of sediment, pregnancy is highly probable.
The principle of the method is based on the chemical properties of urine and soda - with increased acidity, soda will react ("hiss"), with high alkalinity, soda will precipitate. It is believed that urine in pregnant women has a more alkaline pH, hence the calm behavior of soda.
But in practice it is necessary to take into account that a high pH level can be not only in pregnant women, but also in vegetarians when prevalence in food of vegetables, with urinary tract infection and renal insufficiency, with prolonged diarrhea and vomiting.
Test with iodine.
There are two modifications to this test:
- in the first case, it is necessary to carefully drop iodine on a sheet of paper moistened beforehand in the morning portion of urine. When changing the usual brown coloration of iodine to blue or purple, you can suspect the presence of pregnancy;
- at the second way of carrying out of iodine diagnostics on pregnancy it is necessary to collect a morning urine in a wide vessel, then to drop there a bit of iodine. Interpretation is the following - when the drop has dissolved and dissolved completely, there is no hope for pregnancy; but if a drop lingered on the surface of the liquid in the form of a brown spot, it is likely the body is preparing for the future motherhood.
This method, like diagnostics with soda, does not have a scientific justification substantiated by medical research. However, more than one generation of pregnant women has resorted to such a home diagnosis, and many have noted the coincidence of the results with pharmacy tests for pregnancy.
Many women to determine pregnancy without a test helps to carefully study the changes in their own body. Already in the early stages of the manifestation of the hormone-induced physiological functional restructuring, which is characterized by the following symptoms:
- absence of menstruation. If before this point, menstrual cycle disorders have never been observed, and there are no hormonal diseases, the probability of pregnancy is high. For women who have irregular periods, this symptom loses its diagnostic value; .
- change in taste preferences, as well as digestive disorders in the form of nausea, vomiting and excessive salivation. Many women who have already at least once become pregnant, even before the delay of menstruation can confidently determine the fact of pregnancy by the fact that they "pull" on some unusual dishes.Contrary to popular opinion, it does not need to be something salty. There are no specific taste preferences typical for expectant mothers, but strawberries and herring in a non-pregnant state are rarely to be desired;
- soreness and breast augmentation. This symptom, like the absence of menstruation, is reliable only for fully healthy women who have not previously had signs of mastopathy;
- minor pulling pains in the lower abdomen, reminiscent of ovulatory pain. With a normal pregnancy, there can be no severe pain, so if the pain in the pelvis makes you worry, it will be better to see a specialist;
- a sharp decrease or increase in sexual desire, which can be explained by the abrupt change in the hormonal background of the pregnant;
- intensification of mucous (without color and odor) discharge from the vagina. If the secretions have a different color and structure, this has nothing to do with pregnancy, and you need to visit a doctor to take a smear test for pathological flora; .
- rapid painless urge to urinate associated with the relaxing effect of hormones on the muscles-sphincters of the bladder. If you have discomfort when you urinate, or if you change the normal color of urine, you should look for signs of cystitis and other diseases, not pregnancy.
Even if you independently managed to determine the pregnancy in folk ways, be sure to visit the gynecologist for more accurate diagnosis! After all, it is very important at an early stage to determine the correctness of the attachment of the fetus in the uterus (to eliminate ectopic pregnancy) and the correspondence of embryo development to the term (for the earliest possible detection of possible genetic problems).