One of the main drawbacks of white things is that over time theyacquire a yellowish shade, because of what immediately look old and "worn out."
Most people wear white clothes, as it is universal: it is perfectly combined with clothes of other colors and will fit into any wardrobe regardless of style.
The only thing you need to know is howproperly take care of such "marquee" items of the wardrobeto preserve their original appearance.
Many people do not notice (or do not attach importance), but the sweat and dust, as well as the washing powders that we use, have a negative effect on how our white things start to look.
In this regard, it would be nice to know about a few domestic tricks that will helpwhitenclothes. These are natural ingredients that will not damage the fabric and will be safe for the environment.
Discover them for yourself!
1. Baking soda
Baking soda (or sodium bicarbonate) is a famous assistant at home,it is used to clean various surfaces.
In this case, its whitening, antibacterial and astringent properties make it much easier to remove stains and stains from sweat or food.
Many people consider soda to be ideal, which makes the clothes impeccably clean and does not damage the fabric, on the contrary, even makes it softer.
How to use soda?
- Pour water into the basin and pour in soda (enough of it). Soak your white clothes in this basin.
- Leave on for 30-40 minutes, then rinse using normal soap.
- Dry in the sun and repeat the same procedure to prevent the appearance of stains in the future.
- In the event that there are stains from the sweat on the clothes, first moisten them, then sprinkle with soda and rub it gently with a toothbrush.
FreshLemon juice is another effective bleachof natural origin. Mistresses often recommend using it to care for white clothes.
Its natural acids penetrate deeply into the tissue and facilitate the removal of food debris, traces of sweat and other substances that stain clothing.
A citrus fragrance thatneutralizes unpleasant odors, will be very handy. It will not only give your things freshness, but also cope with harmful bacteria and excess moisture..
How to use it?
- Squeeze juice from several lemons and mix with warm water in the pelvis.
- Soak the clothes in it, which you want to bleach and leave for about 40 minutes.
- Then wash, as usual, and dry in the sun.
The usual table salt, which we use in the kitchen, can also becomean excellent assistant in the fight against stains on white clothes.It will also help restore the original state to yellowed things.
Salt is an excellent absorbent, it perfectly removes stains from sweat and other substances that eat into the fabric.
How to use it?
- Pour in a basin of warm water, add there 3 or 4 tablespoons of salt and soak clothes for 2-3 hours.
- After the specified time, wash with your usual powder and dry it in the sun.
- If there are persistent stains from perspiration in the underarm or neck area, rub these places with salt and leave to act for 30 minutes. Then wash.
4. Hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is a natural ingredient that can also help uswhiten your favorite things.
Its active compounds effectively remove any impurities and return clothing to impeccable whiteness.
How to use it?
- Add one part of hydrogen peroxide in 3 parts of water and soak your clothes in this mixture for 2 hours.
- After the specified time, simply wash in the washing machine using your usual powder.
- If there are stubborn stains on clothes, first moisten them with water, and then apply hydrogen peroxide directly to the fabric.
5. White vinegar
White vinegar is another product that every housewife has. This is, in principle, one of the best natural cleansers that can only be found. Vinegar is environmentally friendly, safe and effective.
Acidic compounds, included in its composition,return clothes whiteand help prevent the appearance of a yellow shade over time.
In addition, vinegar acts as a conditioner for laundry, softening tissues and removing unpleasant odors.
How to use it?
- Mix white vinegar with your usual washing powder (gel) and add to the detergent compartment of your washing machine.
- Start a normal washing cycle, and then dry clothes in the sun.
- You can also apply vinegar directly on the stains and leave to act for 30 minutes, then just rinse.
Have you tried these home remedies? Now you know exactly how to restore your original clothes to their original appearance and make it impeccably clean.
Try to implement one of our tips in practice and you will be sure that it is not necessary to buy expensive bleach when you cando without chemicalsand get the desired result without harming the environment.