Unpleasant odorshoes is a very common problem. Most often, it occurs because of improper hygiene and insufficient foot care.
Long-term exposure to bacteria, sweat, and various materials that come into contact with the skin are the factors that can cause this uncomfortable condition.
The problem is that many simply do not try to prevent such a situation, do not take any measures, and over time the smellbecomes more and more sharp and visible to others, and from it is no longer so easy to get rid of.
But we have good news for you! There are natural ingredientswith deodorizing and antibacterial properties, which will help you to neutralizeunpleasant odorand again confidently walking in their favorite shoes.
And today we will share with you 6 home tricks so that you will definitely try them and do not spend a lot of money on expensive commercial products.
Take a note!
1. Citrus Zest
The fresh aroma of citrus fruits in combination with their antimicrobial properties isan excellent solution to the problem of unpleasant odor from shoes.
Just use it several times a week to disinfect the inside of your shoes, and this will prevent the growth and multiplication of bacteria and fungus.
How to do it right?
- Take a lemon (orange or any other citrus) zest and cut it into slices.
- Put inside your shoes, sneakers or shoes and leave to work all night.
- Repeat the procedure several times a week until the smell completely disappears.
2. Tea Tree Essential Oil
Essential oil of tea tree is a natural antibacterial and antifungal product. It will also help you get rid of the unpleasant odor of your shoes.
Due to its properties, ithelps to remove microbes, and also helps to avoid imbalance in skin pH levellegs due to excessive sweating.
How to use it correctly?
- Apply 5-6 drops of tea tree essential oil on the inner surface of your shoe and leave to work overnight so that it is well absorbed.
- The next day, check to see if there is an unpleasant smell. If necessary, repeat the procedure.
- If the unpleasant smell is too harsh, then mix the essential oil with a little baking soda.
3. Baking soda
Baking soda is also one of the natural deodorizing agents. It is very popular due to its high efficiency..
Antibacterial and antifungal properties facilitate the removal of bacteria and fungi,responsible for the appearance of an unpleasant odor.
How to use it?
- Take a small amount of soda and put it inside each shoe.
- Leave to work all night, so that soda absorbs all moisture and microbes.
- Repeat the procedure every day until the unpleasant odor completely disappears.
4. Essential oil of lavender
Antimicrobial compounds that are contained in lavender essential oil, alsoeffectively eliminate unpleasant odors from shoes.
It is not just a pleasant fragrance, but a really working remedy against the effects of excessive sweating.
How to use it?
- Apply 5-6 drops of lavender essential oil to the inner surface of your shoe and leave to work all night.
- Repeat the procedure 2 or 3 times a week to keep your shoes clean. It will be an excellent disinfection!
5. Apple vinegar
This natural product contains a substance called malic acid, it is able to regulate the pH level, as well asfights bacteria and fungus, causing an unpleasant smell.
These compounds inhibit strong odors from shoes and, in turn, contribute to the prevention of foot infections.
How to use it?
- Buy organic apple cider vinegar and apply a cotton swab on the inner surface of the shoes.
- Leave to effect for 10-12 hours and repeat the procedure if necessary (if the unpleasant odor persists).
6. Lemon juice
Lemon is an ideal product in this sense, as not only its peel, but, in fact, the juice is able to cope with unpleasant odors.
This again is due to its antibacterial and antifungal action andability to inhibit the growth of harmful microorganisms.
How to use it?
- Squeeze out the juice from the lemon and apply it to the inside surface of your shoes.
- Allow to dry completely and, if necessary, repeat the procedure.
Well, are you ready to try these home remedies? If you are uncomfortable because your favorite shoes have become unpleasant to smell, then be sure to try these 6 tricks. You will see that it is not necessary to spend an impressive amount of money on solving this problem.