Today we will talk aboutmacular degeneration(macula) - one of the most common eye diseases. The yellow spot is the mostcenter of the retina,where a beam of light is focused. It is here that the photoreceptors are concentrated, due to which we haveclear, clear, color perception of the surrounding world.
When the yellow spot is damaged, its normal functioning is disturbed and, more precisely,the clearness of vision disappears.Usually this happens with age. But macular degeneration can be prevented and suspended if it has already begun.
So, we will talk about natural remedies that will help reduce the riskmacular degeneration. Read on!
Saffron - definitely one of the best natural remedies, helping to stop the degeneration of the macula. It gives the body antioxidants. The latter, in turn, improve its oxygen supply and help prevent cell death.
Even in this spice contains saffron, a substance that reduces the degeneration of the cells-receptors of light. In addition, itimproves the functioning of the vessels of the eyes and the retina.
If we drink a cup of saffron infusion a day, we can significantly delay the occurrence of vision problems associated with macular degeneration.
- 1 cup of boiling water (250 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of saffron (5 g)
- Put the saffron in boiling water and stir it.
- Let him bother for a few minutes
- The drink is ready, you can drink it.
To soften the taste of this infusion, you can take less saffron or more water. If you want to,sweeten with infusion of honey.
Read also: 5 recipes based on tea from cinnamon for any occasion
2. Pumpkin seeds
Another natural remedy, useful in the degeneration of the yellow spot - pumpkin seeds. They, for example, containzinc and essential fatty acids.These nutrients naturally help prevent eye diseases.
It is very good to include these seeds in recipes for cooking homemade bread and desserts. They are not only useful for the eyes, but alsohelp fight premature aging..
- Since there are few calories in pumpkin seeds, you can eat them every day.
- The recommended serving is 3 tablespoons (24 g). Seeds must be unsalted and not seasoned. They can be heated in a toaster or ground.
If just seeds do not "inspire" you, try the following recipe:
- A cup of dried pumpkin seeds (130 g)
- 1 teaspoon of salt (5 g)
- 1 teaspoon of pepper (5 g)
- A large clove of garlic
- If desired, the seeds can be cleaned.
- Put them in a pan with non-stick coating.
- Put the frying pan on the fire and add garlic, salt and pepper to the seeds.
- Stir the seeds so that they do not stick to the frying pan.
- After 5 minutes, remove the frying pan from the fire.
- Remove garlic from there and let the seeds cool.
As a rule, seeds are quite a lot, and some of them can be left "for later". To keep their taste, they are best stored in a plastic bag or in a jar with a lid.
3. Ginkgo biloba
This means to prevent macular degeneration helps oxygenate the brain cells and limbs.
Returning to the useful action of ginkgo biloba, it is worth mentioning that it:.
- Expands peripheral vessels
- Narrows the veins
- Has a neuroprotective effect
- Has a diuretic effect
Therebyimproves blood circulation in the eyes, in particular, the blood supply to the optic nerve.
In one study, a group of volunteer patients with macular degeneration took 60 mg ginkgo biloba per day.
In another group, patients received a higher dose of this drug - 240 mg. Thus, improvement in sight was recorded in patients from the second group.
You can take ginkgo biloba, for example, in the form of infusion or in capsules.
- 1 cup of boiling water (250 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of ginkgo biloba powder (5 g)
- Throw the powder of ginkgo biloba into boiling water.
- Let him insist a few minutes, then strain the infusion and you can drink it.
Spinach also helps stop macular degeneration. Nutrients that are contained in it, contribute to the prevention of eye diseases associated with oxidative stress.
If it is a question of nutrients in its structure, it is:
- Vitamins (A, K and B vitamins)
- Minerals (iron, calcium, phosphorus)
- Coenzyme Q10
- Omega-3 fatty acids
So that spinach does not lose its useful properties, it needsto eat in raw form - in salads and juices. The recommended "dose" is a cup of spinach (30 g) 3 times a week.
We advise you to read: Spinach: recipes that you must include in your diet!
5. Egg yolk
And, finally, another natural remedy that helps maintain a yellow stain in good condition - the egg yolk.
It contains lutein and zeaxanthin. These carotinoidsprotect the retina of the eye from the short-wave part of the spectrum of solar radiation.
As a result, they prevent macular degeneration.
Researchers studying this issue (their article is printed inAmerican Journal of Clinical Nutrition)came to the conclusion that to maintain the maximum level of lutein and zeaxanthin in the blood you need to eat two eggs a day.
- When cooking eggs is not recommended to use a lot of fat or oil. So, it's very good to cook an omelet with spinach for breakfast.
So, do you agree that taking care of your vision is very simple? You just need to include these foods and ingredients in your diet.