Many believe thathigh blood pressureIs the problem of men. This is not true.Women suffer from this misfortune no less than men.
Increased blood pressure in women is a "silent" disease, which, if not detected in time, can cause many health problems.
According to doctors,In the period of menopause, women suffer fromhigh blood pressuremuch more often than menof the same age.
Therefore it is important to check your pressure regularly. It is best to have a tonometer at home (a device for measuring blood pressure) and constantly monitor this important indicator of our health.
Be sure to buy this device. You can not save on health. We will discuss 5 items related to increased pressure. With this information every woman should be familiar.
1. Increased pressure in women is more common
This is important to know. In recent decades, the number of women suffering from high blood pressure has increased significantly.
Get acquainted with this information: Low blood pressure: 6 natural remedies for fighting hypotension
The reasons for this may be the following:
- Smoking is becoming more common among women.
- To stress from work, tension in the family, caring for children and elderly parents is added... Because of this, many women are under pressure.
- Men have the highest rates of pressure at the age of 40 to 50 years.
- But at the age of 50-60 years they are ahead of women in this regard.
2. Contraceptives and high blood pressure
As different studies show (one of them was conducted in the Mayo Clinic), in some women the intake of birth control pills leads to an increase in pressure.
The likelihood of this increases when women are overweight.But there are other risk factors:
- Age over 35 years.
- Increased pressure in close relatives.
If you take oral contraceptives, be sure toAsk your doctor about possible side effects..
3. Increased pressure in women and menopause
During the reproductive period, the pressure in women usually remains normal, even if they smoke or are stressed.
We advise you to read: Chest pain in women: 7 possible causes
But when the menopause comes, natural or surgical (when the ovaries are removed for medical reasons), blood pressure often rises.
- To increase the pressure leads to the cessation of ovarian production of estrogens. And an endothelium plays an important role in this.
- Before the menopause, the endothelium regulates the expansion and contraction of blood vessels. The pressure remains stable, and the quality of life is high.
- With the onset of menopause, endothelial activity decreases. The walls of the vessels lose their elasticity, and the arterial pressure rises.
- This deficiency of estrogen leads to a woman recovering.And the extra pounds also cause an increase in pressure.
4. Symptoms of high blood pressure in women
- Headache, which intensifies in the mornings and in the afternoon.
- Constant fatigue.
- Blurred vision.
- Sore eyes.
- A constant sense of anxiety.
- Loss of concentration.
- With physical exertion, fatigue and dyspnea appear.
- Blood in the urine (especially when high blood pressure has already worsened the condition of the kidneys).
- Feeling of weakness.
All these symptoms can worsen with the onset of menopause.
5. How to deal with high blood pressure
First of all,whether we were in a family suffering from high blood pressure. If so, you need to negotiate with your doctor about regular examinations.
Read also: Bad cholesterol: several home remedies that will help cleanse the body of it
And it is important to follow such recommendations:
- Do not allow a sedentary lifestyle. Walk at least half an hour a day.
- If you smoke, throw immediately.
- Minimize the consumption of salt.
- Drink 2 liters of water a day.
- In the morning, drink a glass of water with lemon.
- Include artichokes, carrots, Brussels sprouts, eggplants, peas, lentils in your diet ...
- Add garlic to roasts or salads.
- At increased pressure, bananas and nuts are also useful.
- Eat breakfast porridge and green apples.
- Drink less coffee and tea.
- Try to control stressful situations.
- Try not to recover.
Women who are approaching menopause or who entered this period should remember: this is a very important period of life, and at this time it is necessary to take special care of one's health.