Most of us are confident that keeping cleanliness in the house is possible only with the means that we buy in household chemistry stores. But this is far from the case, and some chemicals can cause serious damage to health.Usual disinfecting compounds are dangerous for all family members, and they also pollute the environment. In this article, you will find a description of a few simple ways how to clean up the apartment before flaunting, without jeopardizing your health.
Chemicals are enemies of health
The main problem inherent in all cleaning products that we buy in stores - they contain ingredients that are synthetic and petrochemical products. According to experts, such products are harmful to human health: their inhalation can lead to poisoning or provoke an allergic reaction.
Quite often housewives, as well as people professionally engaged in cleaning the premises, suffer from eczema on the hands, allergic dermatitis, various respiratory diseases pathways, hypersensitivity to certain substances, etc. All these diseases are consequences of long use of chemical cleaners without proper protection: masks and gloves.
Also, a large number of disinfectants fall into rivers and seas, which harms the environment. The faster the advertised compound "kills all bacteria the more chemicals it contains, and therefore the more toxic it is. You must carefully choose the detergents that you will use at home, especially if the apartment is occupied by children or pets..
Vinegar will help us!
If you want to avoid using harmful chemicals when cleaning the house, never forget to replenish the vinegar. This tool can be used in any premises, and the result of cleaning will pleasantly surprise you. Vinegar disinfects, removes grease and stains of various origin, eliminates unpleasant odors, has bactericidal properties and prevents the formation of rust. With this wonderful tool, you can clean the coffee machine and remove stains on carpets, and also use it for the following purposes:
- Wash the refrigerator inside with vinegar, especially if there is a slight rust in some places. Apply to contaminated surfaces, leave for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Mix ¼ cup of vinegar and four cups of water and use the resulting composition to wash windows, mirrors and other glass surfaces. Use newsprint to make the surfaces shine.
- Mix ¼ cup of vinegar, four cups of water and one tablespoon of baking soda. This compound can be used to clean any surfaces, for example, a kitchen table or bath.
- Pour a small amount of white vinegar into the washing machine to remove unpleasant odors from clothes, as well as the remains of detergent. In addition, it will help to avoid the e-cracking of clothes. Vinegar should be added at the last stage of washing, when the powder is completely washed away with water.
- Apply a small amount of vinegar on the sponge in order to wash off the traces of soap or other stains from the tile or bath.
- Dilute a small amount of white vinegar in a bucket of water and put clothes that smell of tobacco. Dry things as usual.
- Mix the vinegar with the salt. Clean with this composition the coffee maker and rinse it with warm water.
- To remove the smell of onions or garlic from your fingers, apply a little vinegar on your fingers and then wash your hands under running water.
- Vinegar can also be used to clean glass jars and vials if you want to reuse them for making sweets or canned food. Mix the vinegar with water, pour this composition into the container that you are going to reuse, wait a while and rinse the jars or bottles with water.
Soda is also an excellent remedy
Baking soda can be used to cleanse various surfaces along with vinegar, if you do not want to apply chemicals and thereby jeopardize the health of your family members. Soda is sold in any supermarket or grocery store, it will not be difficult to acquire. You can use this tool for the following purposes:
- Clean with a soda bath and tile. This remedy does not leave scratches. Apply a little soda to a damp sponge and wipe the dirty surfaces. Then rinse them with water and leave to dry. To prepare a stronger product, mix the soda with salt and water.
- Use soda as a dishwashing detergent. Place the dirty dishes in the sink, pour the water so that it completely covers the dishes, add two tablespoons of soda and leave for a few minutes. After this procedure it will be much easier to wash the dried up remains of food from plates, pots, pans, etc.
- Use soda to luster the silver cutlery. Mix soda with water in a proportion of three to one, apply the resulting paste on the kerchief and wipe them each cutlery. Then rinse the appliances with water and dry them.
- Apply soda to the inside of the oven. Spray a small amount of water to make the product damp, and leave overnight. Then wipe and remove the mixture with a sponge.
- To clean the premises, use half a cup of baking soda on a bucket of warm water. Wash with this floor composition, and the result of this cleaning will pleasantly surprise you!
- Soda deodorizes and at the same time cleans the curtains for the bathroom. Apply soda on the curtain, rub with a brush, rinse and leave to dry.
This product is also good for deodorizing rooms and objects,for example, a refrigerator (leave an open container filled with the product on one of the upper shelves), cutting boards (apply the product, leave for a few minutes and rinse water), a trash can (apply soda and leave), pipes (half a cup of soda for one pipe, then rinse with warm water), carpets (apply soda to the entire surface, leave overnight and remove the product from the surface), cabinets (the same actions as for deodorizing the refrigerator), cars (apply soda to the seats and on the mats), slippers (use as talc, but always remove the soda before wearing the product), dirty clothes, especially if it has a smell of sweat or dampness (add a half cup of soda to the water the last stage of washing).
Photographs by Liesl, cjmartin, Jessica Mullen, Scott Rubin.