Quit Smoking- this is one of the best solutions that we can accept if we are exposed to this harmful habit. Year after year, we learn about the new terrible consequences of smoking, about the harm that nicotine and tar contained in cigarettes have on our body, so more and more smokers wantquit smoking, to improve their quality of life.
Although many believe that quitting is very simple, the truth is that a person suffering from nicotine addiction can not make it that easy. The process of getting rid of this bad habit can take quite a long time,it is complex and requires great dedication and self-discipline from the smoker.
Almost all smokers who want to get rid of this terrible habit, are forced to try again and again, in order to achieve the desired.The most important thing in this case is not to give up and always remember that quitting is possible.
If you belong to those who have not yet managed to overcome the addiction to smoking, the following tips and home remedies will help you cope with this extremely harmful to the body habit.
Simple tips to help quit smoking
- Start by defining the day you want to quit. It does not have to happen tomorrow or next week. You can choose any date and gradually reduce the number of cigarettes a day before this time. The most important thing is that on the chosen day you no longer absolutely have to give up cigarettes.
- Learn about the benefits of quitting smokingto be more motivated in your decision.
- Replace smoking with another type of activity that also brings you pleasure. You can get carried away with photography, play sports, meet friends, or, for example, call your relatives for support.
- Share with friends and family that you decided to quit smoking. They can provide you with moral support and will give additional motivation to fulfill the promise.
- When the day comes, in which you decided to quit smoking,throw out all the cigarettes and carefully clean all the places, at home or at work, in which the cigarette smell could remain.
- Start a money box and start putting money into it that you would spend on cigarettes.At first, these amounts may seem ridiculously small, but after a few months you will realize how much money you save by getting rid of this terrible habit.
Home remedies that help you quit smoking
In addition to the above recommendations, you will also help quit smoking any of the following home remedies that reduce cravings for cigarettes:
This plant is interesting in that it reduces the pleasure that is associated with smoking.Its use can greatly facilitate your struggle with this harmful habit, because ginseng suppresses the production of dopamine, neurotransmitter responsible for the sense of satisfaction that the smoker receives under the influence of the nicotine contained in cigarettes..
Chewing gum has become popular in recent years, thanks to the fact thatthis is a very effective means for quitting smoking.Ideally, you should choose a cud without sugar, it is less harmful to the teeth. This method can be very useful, because it keeps your mouth and mind busy, while giving a sense of satisfaction.
Valerian is a plant that has a sedative effect that can help you reduce the stress and anxiety that usually accompanies attempts to quit.
Although it has some contraindications,scientists have proven that two or three cups a day of valerian infusions can help you control cravings for smoking.It is recommended to drink this infusion before going to bed so that its sedative effect does not interfere with your daily activities and work.
Cayenne pepper is one of the best natural remedies if you want to quit smoking.Its properties contribute to the detoxification of the body from the harmful substances that it receives from cigarettes, at the same time, cayenne pepper reduces the desire to smoke again.
Add cayenne pepper during cooking or brew tea with it, this will help control cravings for smoking and will help cleanse the lungs.
Carnation is very healthy for spices, and it can significantly reduce cravings for smoking. For this, it is advised to put a clove in the mouth immediately after smoking and keep it there for two hours.