Youbad smell? If you use medical terminology, then this phenomenon is called halitosis.
However, contrary to popular belief, it is far from always associated with improper oral hygiene.
Most adults at some point in their lives are confronted with the problem of bad breath. As a rule, this smell appears due toexcessive accumulation of bacteria on the back of the tongue.
But the degree of halitosis can vary. The smell of saliva, for example, is stronger in the morning hours, in addition, on certain days it can deteriorate.
It is very important in this case to take into account the consistency of saliva. If salivation is healthy, then this substance will be able to absorb all the so-called "cellular debris" much faster.
If the saliva is viscous, the bacteria will be able to release their rotting compounds and, as a consequence, cause the appearance of bad breath from the mouth.
Unpleasant odor from the mouth and its causes
- Bad habits
- Side effects from medications
- Diseases of the teeth
- Plaque in the language
- Tumors in the mouth, nose or throat
- Inadequate salivation
- Bacterial infections
- Tobacco and alcohol consumption
- Chronic diseases
In some cases, the cause of bad breath is unknown, and people have nothing left to do but fight the investigation. But is there really a solution to the problem?
The first thing to do isto go to a specialist to make a correct diagnosisand ruled out serious diseases.
After all, it is useless to try to cope with "superficial methods when the reason lies in the violation of the work of an organ..
But if the problem is insignificant, you can always try one of the following tools. They will help you defeat this terriblebad smell!
1. Keep oral hygiene
It is important to note that regular cleaning of the oral cavity is extremely important. It must be done every day, otherwise the mouth accumulates a huge number of bacteria.
What do we have to do?
- Brush your teeth, gums and tongue.
- Use the floss twice a dayto remove small particles of food stuck in the teeth.
- Use a soft brush with a special tongue scraper.
- In your mouth, try to clean the surface as deeply as possible.
- Do not forget about visits to the dentist, at least once a year.
- From time to time, rinse your mouth with soda to disinfect.
- Put your toothbrush into hydrogen peroxide (once a week).
2. Watch your food
Yes, there are foods that contribute to the appearance of bad breath. As a rule, it is fatty food, meat, dairy products, sweets and dishes with a lot of spices..
When such food is consumed in excess, the digestive process can not be carried out correctly, and as a result, an unpleasant odor from the mouth.
- Include in your diet of fruits and vegetables, rich in antioxidants.
- Avoid consuming drinks with a lot of acids, such as coffee, for example.
- Remember also that sugar-containing foods negatively affect the work of the throat.
- Drink infusions that help to eliminate bad breath, it's mint, green or black tea.
3. Increase the intake of vitamins
Another cause of bad breath can be a deficiency of nutrients in the body.
Vitamins and minerals are antioxidants, which maintain a good condition of the tissues of our body and protect the cells. That is, you will ensure a stronger immune system capable of coping with any harmful bacteria.
So do not hesitate and be sure to include in your diet vitamin complex to fight toxins.
4. Take care of the health of your digestive system
Poor digestion can cause the development of such diseases and conditions as gastritis, constipation or colitis. And a bad smell from the mouth in these cases will be only one of the symptoms.
Keep in mind the following:
- Increase the intake of fiber (whole grains, fresh fruit).
- Eat foods rich in enzymes (papaya, avocado, pineapple).
- Include in your daily diet apple cider vinegar: it contains hydrochloric acid, responsible for the decomposition of food.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water a day.
5. Eat the natural greenery
Nature has given us countless plants withantibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
Thus, they are excellent allies in the fight against bad breath.
- Rosemary, parsley, basil and thyme help to eliminate bad breath.
- A mixture of salt with lemon juice disinfects and moisturizes.
- Still it will be very convenient tea with a carnation.
- Fennel helps maintain the health of teeth and gums.
- Thoroughly chew on apple and celery is also very useful.
- Sage essential oil also promotes disinfection of the oral cavity.
When to beat the alarm?
- Bitterness (bitter aftertaste) in the mouth indicates an excess of bilirubinand, probably, there is some anomaly in the work of the liver.
- Metallic taste is due to the accumulation of uric acid and is a sign of kidney problems.
- Putrid odor occurs when there is an infection.
- Sweet-bodied breathing indicates an increase in glucose level, and therefore most often occurs in people suffering from diabetes.
Be attentive to your breathing!
Main image: © wikiHow.com