Just imagine: thanks to just onecapsule, you can lower blood cholesterol, blood pressure, solve problems such as anemia or numbness of the limbs, and all in just 15 days!
It seems something incredible, especially when we imagine patients with chronic diseases who need to drink immediatelya few tablets a day(and here it is a question of one single capsule!).
Believe in this is really difficult, but a miracle has already happened.
And it was created by two prestigious centers that collaborated on this project: Brigham Women's Hospital in Boston (USA) and Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge (USA).
It should be noted that initially the goal for scientists was different: to develop a new method for the treatment of malaria.
They were looking for a one-time introduction of the drug, and it seems that they not only managed to find a solution, but alsoOpen the door to new opportunities in the field of medicineand treatment of chronic diseases.
We will explain below.
All people who suffer from chronic diseases (for example, from osteoarthritis) know that the effect of drugs is only in the event that,if every day do not forget to drink the "same" pill..
If we drink it only once or we drink it in a day, there will be no result.
The problem becomes especially urgent for the elderly. After all, if someone from close or medical personnel does not organize a schedule for taking medications and will not monitor its performance, they can simply forget about their pills.
So, given our daily reality, you must appreciate the results achieved and the progress that we are about to tell you.
This work was published in the journal Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Initially, those responsible for the study under the supervision of Dr. K. Giovanni Traverso, tried, as already noted above, to find a new way of treating malaria.
- This disease, common in third world countries, is treated by the administration of several doses of the drug. This achieves the desired effect. This involves huge economic costs and certain difficulties in the management process.
- But scientists managed to make a breakthrough. They developed"Multifunctional"capsule, which when ingested into the stomach, is transformed, just like a small robot.
- It increases in size so as not to leave the stomach and not to enter the small intestine. This capsule does not interfere with the absorption of nutrients and the removal of waste from the body.
The gatekeeper of the stomach is a valve, a special sphincter that separates the stomach from the intestine. Its size is 2 cm.
The capsule, falling into the stomach, expands to 4 cm and takes the form of a star to stay in place as long as possible (then it dissolves itself).
The innovative capsule contains ivermectin. In fact, this is one of the types of antiparasitic substances, which together with various polymers allows to achieve a surprising effect:the medicine is released gradually, but not immediately.
Today such a capsule with ivermectin treats not only malaria, but also a number of tropical diseases, including those that develop and are transmitted through insect bites.
This is a very encouraging result. The researchers claim that after the patient swallows the capsule, hereceives the necessary treatment within 2 weeks.
Now the goal is to increase this time to 3 months.
The positive results of this study (treatment of malaria) pushed to the next step: to put in capsule other types of medicines, which will resist other common chronic diseases (high cholesterol, hypertension, chronic pain and so forth).
And if in the future we can, with the help of just one capsule, treat our illnesses within 3 months, this will undoubtedly change a lot:
- This will allowreduce pharmaceutical costs(we hope that this will not be a problem for pharmaceutical companies).
- Patients will receive medication more effectively and not depend on the time of taking medications.
- This is a new approach to the treatment of infections and mental disorders.
We hope that very soon we will see the implementation of this project. Will wait!