Inflammation, increased gas formation, a feeling of overflow... what to say, the intestine has a strong effect on our health, this is one of the most important internal organs an organism that is somehow connected with our emotional state: problems with the intestines can often cause stress and increased anxiety, and you, for sure, noticed. It should be noted that the health of the intestines is affected by many factors, they cause various problems, includingirritable bowel syndrome. But what can be done to avoid this? What should I change in my habitual way of life to maintain intestinal health? These and other questions are answered in today's article.
1. High level of stress
This state should be taken very seriously. The pace of life that we have set ourselves and that we adhere to in our daily lives, being in constant haste, with a huge the number of cases, duties and problems, experiencing stress and anxiety, negatively affects the health of our intestines and stomach.There is a theory in which the intestine is called the "second brain" of the body, this is due to the fact that in the intestine is really there are some neurotransmitters, so maintenance of a calm and balanced way of life is so important for this body.
- Changes in the nervous system.Influence on mobility and proper functioning of the intestine, accelerating or slowing the rhythm of its work.
- Changes in the endocrine system.Lead to an increase in the number of stress hormones, such as adrenaline and cortisol, which, in turn, leads to problems with digestion of food.
- Excessive food intake.Very common, but from this no less harmful habit of modern society is "seizing" of their problems, anxieties and worries. With the help of food, we sometimes try to calm our nerves, relieve tension and relax. However, overeating or excessive consumption of food leads to a large accumulation of food, and the intestine is simply not able to digest and digest it as quickly as it should be done. As a result, there are problems with digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Therefore, always remember that the lifestyle that you lead and the emotions that you experience have a direct effect on your body as a whole and on the intestines in particular. Try to slow down the pace a bit, live a measured and calm, enjoy your life surrounded by relatives and friends.
2. Wrong and unhealthy food
2.1. Avoid consumption of fast food, convenience foods, fried foods and high-fat foods
Hamburgers, french fries, fried chicken with a lot of oil, pizza, onion rings... all this, of course, is an example of junk food, and so less often it occurs in our diet because of the banal lack of time or simply because we like it and deny ourselves this pleasure, alas, we do not we can. But admit, after allmore than once it happened that at the end of such a "useful" meal you have unpleasant or even painful sensations in the abdominal region? It suffered from your stomach or intestines. The main problem of such food is that it practically does not contain soluble fiber(dietary fiber), so with excessive consumption, both diarrhea and constipation can occur.
- Helpful advice: for cooking, try to use the grill, so you do not have to use a large amount of oil. When you cook, for example, vegetables, then the ideal option is to cook them for a couple. And as for the most useful types of vegetable oils, try always to give preference to olive oil.
2.2. Avoid consuming red meat
For what reason should you avoid eating red meat? Mainly because the body is very difficult to digest, it is a product with a high fat content and, in addition, in most cases we do not even know its origin. And very often animals are fed genetically modified feed so that they grow faster, it does their meat is not just harmful, but toxic, dangerous for consumption, and therefore it is extremely undesirable.
- Helpful advice: try to consume lean, dietary types of meat, these include chicken or turkey meat. But also be careful, do not buy poultry meat from unknown producers, let it be a little more expensive, but better, the bird should be grown on natural forages. When cooking, avoid frying. It is best to cook the meat on the grill or bake in the oven.
2.3. Avoid frequent consumption of dairy products
Dairy products are often another cause of irritable bowel syndrome.From the consumption of most dairy products, adults feel unwell, they are hard to digest because they have very little fiber. In addition, they contain fats and lactose, which cause serious digestive problems, constipation or diarrhea may occur. Therefore, it is always best, whenever possible, to avoid the consumption of dairy products.
- Helpful advice: everything is very simple. You just have to choose instead of cow's milk natural substitutes, like, for example, oat milk, rice, almond, nut or even pistachio (yes, there are such!). Today they are not so difficult to find on the shelves in supermarkets, and in extreme cases they can be cooked and independently at home. Try it, it really is worth it!
3. Use of certain medications
Today, we have already conducted a huge number of scientific studies, which talk about various factors that affect the health of our intestines. For example, irritable bowel syndrome, repeatedly mentioned in this article, can be caused by taking certain antibiotics. Very often people faced this problem immediately after they transferred and "cured" a serious infection. The thing is that excessive consumption of strong medications damages our intestines.
But how is this possible?- you ask.The answer is very simple. Antibiotics do not distinguish "good" bacteria from "bad" bacteria, they kill everything. After all, their purpose is to cope with any microorganisms that they will meet on their way, so after their admission, very often patients suffer from changes in the microflora of the intestine and dysbiosis.
But cautious should always be, not only with regard to taking antibiotics. Irritable bowel syndrome can also cause drugs for constipation and diarrhea. Therefore, in this case, it is better to first try to ease your condition with natural remedies, and only then, if for some reason they do not help, buy medicine medicines. In any case, before taking any medication, read the instructions carefully, and betterconsult a doctor,to know about all the possible side effects that they have on the body.