Psoriasis- chronicskin disease,which is characterized by the formation of red, excessively dry, raised above the surface of the skin spots that merge with each other, forming plaques. Patients with this experience severe itching or pain.
Do you want to know about the best natural remedies that help cope with this disease? Then read this article.
What you need to know about psoriasis
With this disease, spots or plaquescan appear on any part of the body, but most often they are on:
- Skin of the head
To date, reliable causespsoriasisnot installed. Possible reasons for the appearance of psoriasis include:
- Hereditary predisposition
- Streptococcal pharyngitis
- Skin Infections
- Defective diet
- Cold climate
- Damage to the skin (abrasions, cuts, severe burns)
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Medicines for high blood pressure or malaria
Psoriasis is not contagious, it is not transmitted to others and is not transferred to other parts of the body (for example, if to scratch the affected area and touch this part of the body with other parts of the body).
Natural remedies for psoriasis
Unfortunately, this skin disease is not completely cured, butwith the help of certain home remedies can alleviate its symptoms(itching, pain, etc.), especially when the disease worsens.
One such remedy is aloe vera.Cut his stem lengthwise and apply the flesh extracted from it to the affected area three times a day. Do not rinse it off, let it soak into the skin.
This remedy relieves itching and reduces the desire to comb the sore spot. If you do not have this plant at home, you can use a cream containing aloe vera. It is better if this ingredient is natural.
It alleviates symptoms such as burning and flaky skin. This tool can be used in many ways. For example, in the form of a compress.
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar (6, ml)
- ¾ cup of water (18, ml)
- Mix the two ingredients in a suitable container.
- Dampen the napkin in this mixture.
- Put it on the sore spot, with a light touch on the skin.
- Let this mixture last for several minutes, then wash it off with warm water.
Another way to use apple cider vinegar: fill the tub with water with a small amount of apple cider vinegar and lie down in it. This helps restore the acid-base balance of the skin.
This plant (which is sold as a natural food additive in some stores of natural products)Helps cleanse the liver and restrict cell division, both of these properties are useful in controlling psoriasis. You can take this supplement 250 mg three times a day.
It softens the skin and maintains it in good (as far as possible with psoriasis) condition. If you can not find avocado oil, you can make a mask of avocado fruit. Just cut it in half, separate the flesh and put it on the affected place. Let it last for 15 minutes, then wash it off with warm water.
The rind of this fruit not only improves the skin condition with psoriasis, but also helps with herpes and burns. The banana skin should be applied with the inner side to the plaques on the skin and left so for a few minutes. If some banana remains on the skin, it is not necessary to remove these residues.
It alleviates the burning of the skin, which often happens with this disease. Properties of soda are similar to the properties of apple cider vinegar, and it can be applied in the same way as vinegar - in the form of a compress or a bath with soda.
- Soda (40-45 g)
- 1 liter of water
- Dissolve the soda in water.
- Wet the napkin in this mixture and apply it to the sites affected by psoriasis.
If you want, you can pour this mixture into a bath and immerse in it the appropriate parts of the body (in this case the water should be warm).
This is one of the most popular in Europe and America home remedies for psoriasis. From this flower make infusion, and it is part of many cosmetics. In himcontain flavonoids and anti-inflammatory substances.
You can apply on the affected psoriasis places chamomile essential oil (a few drops) or make tea from chamomile.
- 1 tablespoon chamomile (10 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Pour the water into a saucepan and boil it.
- Put the daisy in there and boil it for 5 minutes.
- Remove the broth from the fire, and let it cool.
- Strain the broth and moisten it with cotton wool or gauze.
- Lubricate their affected places. To wash off from them broth it is not necessary.
When psoriasis affects the scalp, the International Federation of Psoriasis Associations recommends the use of warm olive oil. After applying to the scalp, the head should be wrapped with a towel for several hours, then washed as usual.
To remove the exfoliated skin particles, use a soft comb (the movements should be circular).
If the skin lesions are extensive and painful, ricin (castor) oil helps well. Itpenetrates deep layers of the skin and softens it.For best effect, you can use a mask.
- A few drops of ricin oil
- Necessary amount of soda
- Mix the two ingredients to make a paste.
- Put it on the scabs and around them.
- Cover these places with paper foil.
- Let the paste last all night, you can remove it in the morning.
This spice hasanti-inflammatory properties, due to which it helps with psoriasis.You can use capsaicin ointment (capsaicin - one of the important components of pepper) or prepare a home ointment.
- A few drops of water
- 1 spoon of cayenne pepper (10 g)
- Make a paste out of these ingredients.
- Apply it to the sites affected by psoriasis.
- The ointment should last 15 minutes, then wash it off with warm water.