Surely you once had to face this: you come home tired, legs seem swollen and heavy, you are troubled by unpleasant sensations in the ankles. It is well known to many of usfluid retention.
Most often with a fluid retention it is necessary to encounter women. As a rule, this problem is more often worried about people in the summer. In most casesfluid retentionis associated with circulatory disorders.
Because of toxins in the tissues of our bodyinflammatory processes develop, water begins to accumulate, and the return flow of blood and liquids decreases. As a result, our legs swell, and we begin to experience pain.
What to do? How to be in this situation? Do not worry. Now we will tell you in detail about the ways of solving this unpleasant problem.
Fluid retention in the legs: find out its cause
The body of each person has its own individual characteristics, each of us has our own habits. The way of life and the physical characteristics of each of us are different.
thereforethe causes of fluid retention in each person are also individual
- Long stay standing, on legs.
- Excess weight.Very often, women with a lot of cellulite suffer from fluid retention in the legs.
- Often feet swell during long journeys by train or by plane. This is due to the fact that a person has to sit for a long time in the same position.
- Acceptance of some medications. There are medicines, the side effect of which is fluid retention.
- Postponed injuries of the knee or ankle can also provoke this problem.
- Diseases and disorders in the work of the kidneys.
- Cardiovascular diseases.
- Hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle.
- Improper diet: salt abuse also quite often leads to edema.
If the swelling at your feet disturbs you too often, it is recommended that you seek medical advice from a medical professional. It will be better if before using the home remedies, which we will tell you in this article, you willknow the exact cause of the problem. Install it will help you doctor.
1. Decoction of fennel
Fennel is an aromatic plant native to the Mediterranean.It is easy to find both in the stores of natural products, and in pharmacies.
It has diuretic properties, reduces the formation of gases, normalizes digestion, and also helps to cleanse the body. Fennel is an effective tool in the fight against fluid retention. It is recommended to take a decoction of fennel once or twice a day, 15 minutes after eating.
- 1 teaspoon fennel (5 g.)
- 1/2 teaspoon anise (3 g)
- 1 glass of water (200 ml.)
- Prepare a decoction of fennel is very simple: bring to a boil one glass of water, and then add fennel and anise to it.
- Continue to cook a decoction of herbs for another 20 minutes.
- When the specified time passes, remove the broth from the fire. After cooking, he must brew for 10 more minutes.
- When the broth cools, you can drink it.
2. Broth horsetail
This plant can be called the mosteffective means of getting rid of fluid retention. You can find horsetails in the pharmacy or in the stores of homeopathy. What exactly is caused by a similar healing effect of this plant?
- Horsetail helps stop bleeding and improves blood coagulability.
- It contains silicon, a mineral that helps regenerate the skin and restore connective tissue.
- Horsetail is an effective natural diuretic: increases the amount of urine released, stimulates the elimination of toxins and helps to purify our body.
- Interesting fact:horsetail contains two active substances: saponin and equisetin. They have a stimulating effect on blood circulation, and also help to purify our body of toxic substances.
- It is recommended to drink regular decoction of horsetail in the morning. Soon you will notice improvement in your health.
3. Products that should be included in your diet
The first thing that needs to be paid attention isthe use of salt.It needs to be limited. The hormonal system of our body is responsible for maintaining the balance of fluids in our body.
When excess salt accumulates in the body, various inflammatory processes begin to develop in the tissues, a person begins to be bothered by fluid retention.
If the body can not cope with the excretion of fluid through the kidneys and post glands, there are swelling.
The cause of inflammation is not only the use of salt. Saturated fats, sugar-containing drinks, sweets, white flour - all these products cause disruption in the work of various organs and systems of our body. Therefore, it is best to avoid them.
It is recommended that you include the following products in your daily diet:
- A pineapple
4. Properly drink water
Unfortunately, when it comes to our nutrition, we often make small mistakes. So, often we hear that a person is recommended to drink at least two liters of water a day.
So sometimes people start to force themselves to drink more, drinking at a time a glass of water or even more. And so throughout the day. Of course, this is wrong.
All we achieve is a stomach full of water. In this case, the liquid begins to accumulate in our body.
How to drink properly? The answer is simple: it is recommended to drink water in small sips, gradually throughout the day. This avoids both dehydration and fluid accumulation.
5. Half-hour walk every day
Wear comfortable clothes, good sneakers and go for a walk! Walking should not be an unpleasant duty, do not take it as a sport activity. This is primarily relaxation and relaxation. Feel the inner freedom and digress from everyday worries. Walking will help you recover and lift your spirits.
Regular walks will help to normalize blood circulation, stimulate the supply of oxygen to all parts of our body.Such rest helps to maintain the elasticity of blood vessels and veins.
In a few weeks you will notice that your legs have become lighter and rested. Careful care for nutrition, stable weight and an active lifestyle will help you avoid unpleasant edema and fluid retention in the future.