Whichever electrical appliance is discussed, one thing remains unchanged: it needs regular cleaning. Even if it isWasher.
Washerrefers to those household appliances that we use constantly,and if you do not pay attention to her condition, then the probability of problems in her work is significantly increased.
Most of the time, it is exposed to a moist environment, and therefore on the rubber elements and next to them there may be stains of mold, fungus or stains from detergents.
And if at first we just ignore it, then in time it becomes impossible, since there is an unpleasant smell, which is absorbed into the clothes.
Regular cleaning and disinfection will not only help to avoid such an unpleasant phenomenon, but will also contribute to the normal functioning of the device as a whole,supporting all its elements in good condition.
Fortunately, there are various home remedies based on natural ingredients, theyallow you to remove the appeared contaminants and cope with an unpleasant odor.
And today we want to share 4 best of them. Remember, they will not take you much time!
The combination of hot water and apple cider vinegar is one of the best means for cleaning the washing machine, itdestroys harmful bacteria and fungus, and also helps to get rid of stale spots.
It is advisable to repeat the procedure at least once a month, this will prevent the formation of mold and, as a consequence, the appearance of an unpleasant odor.
- Hot water (required quantity)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (125 ml)
What do we have to do?
- Fill the washing machine with hot water, add apple cider vinegar and run it for a short cycle.
- When it is finished, just open the door and leave the machine to be ventilated for 1 hour.
2. Cleaning the filter
The filter is an element that is located inside the drum of the washing machine. Perhaps,this is the most difficult part for disinfection, since it requires special attention and delicacy.
It's not about a special product, it's just important to identify elements that could stick to its surface and stay inside.
What do we have to do?.
- Turn off your washing machine, make sure that there is no water in it and remove the cover from the filter.
- Unscrew the lid (from right to left) completely.
- Remove residues of threads, paper, dirt and any other particles that you find in the filter.
- Then take a screwdriver and turn the turbine, which is inside, to remove all dirt.
- Now close and put everything back before using the appliance again, because the water should not get inside.
3. Cleansing of rubber elements
Over time, rubber, from which the sealing elements of the washing machine are made, begins to smell bad, as it absorbs moisture.
And even if you wipe it dry after every wash (which we, of course, do not do), then still some part of the water will remain, and then "take its own".
To prevent the spread of germs and the appearance of fungus,we suggest you use the antiseptic properties of hydrogen peroxide and lemon.
- 3 liters of water
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice (62 ml)
- 1 glass of hydrogen peroxide (250 ml)
What do we have to do?
- Squeeze out the juice from the lemon and add it to a container with 3 liters of water, then immediately pour hydrogen peroxide there.
- Now carefully look, how the rubber sealing elements in the washing machine are fixed, that then without effort it is correct to put them into place.
- Remove and apply the resulting home remedy to mold stains. Then remove them with a sponge.
- Make a full circle so that there is not a single "dirty" place on the surface of the rubber.
- Before putting the seal back, apply the product again and wipe with a dry cloth.
4. Cleaning the compartments for washing powder and conditioner for laundry
In dispensers for detergent and air conditioner, as a rule, there always remains some amount of detergents. Especially if you are accustomed to using just a powder, not liquid laundry detergents.
Clearing these compartments is not at all difficult, but necessary, because the residues are fermented and begin to emit unpleasant odors.
- 1 cup white vinegar (250 ml)
- 1 liter of hot water
What do we have to do?
- Dilute a glass of white vinegar in a liter of hot water.
- Take out the dispensers from the washing machine and soak them in the prepared mixture.
- Leave for 10 minutes, rinse and dry thoroughly.
- If these elements are not fixed in your hands, then using a spray gun, apply the product to the contaminated surfaces and wash them with a sponge.
And how often do you clean your washing machine?
It is very important that you understand thatsimilar procedures should be regular, you need to do this at least once every two months, otherwise dirt and mold can just spoil the washing machine.
And still, each time, as the next cycle of washing has come to the end, do not forget to leave the door of the machine open, so that it can be ventilated.