Garlicis well known to each of us due to its taste and healing properties. It is widely used both in the preparation of dishes, and in the treatment of many diseases.
Like many other garden cultures, garlic is easygrow at home. All that you need is patience. In the beginning it is necessary to decide which kind of garlic you want to grow. Then you need to buy a suitable pot. It should be borne in mind that the roots of garlic go deep into the earth, so the pot must be at least 20 centimeters deep.
Why is it useful to grow garlic at home?
Is not it a good idea to growmedicinal herbsand spices at home. Then you can at any time have fresh greens on hand. In doing so, you will always be sure that the greens are grown in environmentally friendly conditions, without the use of pesticides. It's the same with garlic. Whether you want to prepare a salad or an antiviral medicine, garlic will always be at your fingertips.
To grow garlic in the home is not at all difficult, but how much good will it bring to you!
If the garlic is crushed before eating, a substance called allicin is released. It should be noted that garlic is best eaten raw, because in this case it completely retains all its healing properties.It is known that with heat treatment garlic loses up to 90% of its useful properties.
Than useful garlic
- Normalizes blood circulation.
- Prevents the development of hypertension.
- Reduces the level of "bad" cholesterol in the blood.
- Helps to cope with fluid retention.
- Has a beneficial effect on digestion.
- Helps to fight bacteria.
- Clears our body and helps to eliminate toxins.
- It is a natural diuretic, helps in the treatment of rheumatism, gout, obesity,arthritis, as well as other diseases and disorders.
- It disinfects the skin well, helps with the treatment of burns, wounds, ulcers and warts.
- Protects our body from various infections and diseases.
- Has anti-cancer properties, it helps in the treatment of cancer of the stomach, colon, liver, breast and other cancers.
- It is a natural antibiotic.
- It is considered an effective antifungal agent.
How to grow garlic at home?
To grow garlic at home you will need:
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 pot (not less than 20 cm. depth)
- Step 1:choose the headgarlicof the sort that you want to grow at home, and strip it into teeth. No need to clean the teeth.
- Step 2:now you need to choose a good deep pot. It is desirable, that it was not less than 20 centimeters deep, after all, as we already spoke earlier, roots of garlic leave in the earth deeply enough. The pot should have a good drainage so that each time after watering, excess water is freely released outward. Fill the pot with enough land. Do not pour the land to the very edge of the pot, let you have left a little free space.
- Step 3:bury cloves of garlic in the ground to a depth of about 10 centimeters so that their sharp part is pointed upwards.
- Step 4:if the pot is large, then you can put several cloves of garlic into it. The most important thing is that they are at a distance of not less than 8 centimeters from each other.
- Step 5:put the pot in a bright place. It is necessary that he was under direct sunlight at least 8 hours a day.
Bear in mind!
- It is best to cultivate garlic in a warm climate, since sunlight is crucial for the successful germination of this culture. Of course, garlic can be grown in winter, but for this he will need special care.
- Avoid too abundant watering: because of the large numberwaterroots can begin to rot.
- Once you notice that the leaves of shoots begin to acquire brown shades, you can dig out the garlic. After that, the grown garlic heads can be put for a week in a dry and cool place. That's all. Now fresh garlic will always be at your fingertips.