Latelychia seedscame into fashion. They include in their diet celebrities and fans of a healthy lifestyle.Chia seedsthey deserve it, since they possess many useful properties.
In this article we will tell you what they are useful andwhy they should be included in their diet.
Chia seeds: magical and nutrient-rich
The word "chia" in the Maya language means "strength." In Central America, these seeds for several millennia are the basis of the diet of local residents. This is not accidental, because in chia seeds there are many vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids and minerals.
Now these seeds have become popular all over the world. Many athletes include them in their diet.
They can be added to a variety of dishes - from salads to sweets.
It's worth including these little dark seeds in your morning and evening menus, add them to the desserts. In themcontains a lot of fiber and antioxidants and there is no gluten.
The American Society for Healthy Nutrition gives interesting information about this super-viscera:
- The seeds of chia are five times more calcium than in milk (they are ideal for vegans and for those who do not tolerate lactose).
- They give the body three times more antioxidants than blueberries.
- They have three times more iron than spinach (so they are very useful for those suffering from anemia).
- The seeds of chia are twice as much protein as in vegetables.
- Twice more fiber than oats (recommended for those suffering from constipation).
- Potassium in these seeds contains 2 times more than in bananas (help to remove cramps).
Read also: Excellent home tonic for the face: cook together!
Than chia seeds are useful
We talked about some characteristics of the magic seeds of the Maya, but they have many other useful properties. They:
Reduce "food anxiety"
If you usually die a couple of hours after breakfast or lunch with a desire to eat something "yummy try fighting this seed chia (a tablespoon of seeds will be enough).
They give a feeling of satietyand, in addition, they are easily digested.
- We recommend eating them for breakfast, then your stomach will be "satisfied" for several hours.
- You can mix the seeds with yoghurt, milk or orange juice.
Promotes hydration of the body
Are you one of those people who do not drink a lot of water during the day? Maybe you forget about it or you just do not like to drink a lot of water.
- Then eat chia seeds, they help maintain the water content in the body at the required level.
- It is especially recommended to take care of the hydration of the body before sports and physical education and before a busy working day.
Reduce pain in joints
Omega-3 fatty acids, contained in chia seeds, have an anti-inflammatory effect.Therefore, these seeds are very helpful in joint pain..
- The Aztecs used them for the treatment of patients with knees.
- If you have arthritis or arthrosis, we recommend including chia seeds in your morning menu.
Protect from toxins in the environment
Living in a big city is not very good for our health. Stress, pollution... If you add to this tobacco smoke and solar ultraviolet, the situation becomes quite sad.
Chia seeds can protect us from these harmful factors. How? Improving the skin condition,creating a protective layer against excessive sun exposure and strengthening the lungs.
Recently, you are very tired, you feel a breakdown, you have problems with concentration? Then it's time to include chia seeds in your diet. They will help you to become energetic and active again.
- Because in these seedscontains more protein and potassium than in many vegetables and fruits,they will give you the necessary energy. Just an ideal tool for Monday!
Promote the build-up of muscle mass
This is another useful property of chia seeds associated with energy.
When we are involved in sports and want to have noticeable muscles, we often take chemical additives that can be harmful to health.
- They perfectly replace a natural remedy like chia seeds. Theycontribute to tissue repair and muscle building.Add them to your smoothies or juices before and after your workouts!
Help get rid of extra pounds
One of the main beneficial properties of chia seeds is that they contribute to weight loss. This is due to the fiber contained in them, which helps control the appetite.
In the stomach, when in contact with water, the seeds increase their volume 10 times. Thanks to this, you can not feel hungry for several hours.
We recommend reading: 5 smoothies, which will help you lose weight, without feeling hungry
Other Useful Properties of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds also possess other useful properties:
- Promote the elimination of fluid and toxins from the body (thus preventing cellular oxidation).
- Regulate the intestinal microflora.
- Reduce anxiety (contributing to relaxation).
- Help to fight cellulite.
- Activate metabolism and fat burning (help keep the abdomen flat).
To take advantage of all the beneficial properties of chia seeds, you need to soak them in water before use.One cup of water per tablespoon of seeds is enough.
Then strain this mixture and add crushed chia seeds into different dishes and drinks.