It is often said that cooking can not do without tomatoes. Theygive volume, taste and color to many dishes... What would we do without them?
We use them in various sauces, when cooking roast, in salads, we drink tomato juice. Theyalmost always is in our refrigerator.
Some do not eat tomatoes, because they increase acidity, others just do not get used to it often include them in your diet, not realizing that they are depriving your body of many useful nutrients substances.
Today we will explain,What benefits can tomatoes bring to your health?. You simply can not imagine how useful they are!
1. They help us avoid heart problems.
Tomatoes form an important part of what is called a "healthy diet". The first thing that draws our attention to them is their color: bright red.
And this color, as in the case of many other brightly colored fruits, indicates the high content of antioxidants in them. And in tomatoes isone of the most useful antioxidants is lycopene, phytochemical, which protects us from heart diseases:
- Lycopene is a carotenoid and phytochemical.
- It is a powerful antioxidant,protecting our cells from free radicals.
- Molecules of lycopene release electrons that are captured by free radicals; in this way prevents harm that free radicals can cause to molecules and cell membranes organism.
Curiously, the effect of lycopene is enhanced when tomatoes are combined with olive oil and when they are subjected to heat treatment. So that,tomato sauces are very useful.
Read also: How tomatoes will help with hypertension.
2. Adjust our pressure
If your doctor told you that you have high blood pressure and that you need to follow a diet, from today's dayincrease the "dose" of tomatoes in your diet.
Salads, natural juices, light sauces, not containing salt ...These simple ideas will be useful to you.
- Lycopene, like potassium,improves blood circulation and helps prevent fluid retention in the body.All this contributes to the normalization of our blood pressure.
3. Protect us from different types of cancer
Tomatoes do not guarantee 100% protection against cancer, but the substances contained in them,acting on a cellular level, nourish, strengthen our tissues and protect themfrom the harmful effects of free radicals..
A healthy diet provides the body protection, this should not be forgotten.
Contained in tomatoes antioxidants, lycopene, glutathione and other substancesprotect the DNA of our cells from harmful mutations.
4. Tomatoes remove toxins from our body
How do you like the idea of eating barley bread with cherry tomatoes for breakfast, drinking a cup of white tea and eating an apple?
This is a healthy breakfast, it is quite hearty and helps to rid the body of harmful elements. All these products are rich in antioxidants and act as good"Cleaners filtering out those substances that are not needed by the body.
Lemon, for example, is one of the best natural "cleaners". They also include cucumbers, tomatoes, eggplant, artichokes ...
5. Tomatoes are good for diabetics
You knew that? According to the representatives of the American Association of Diabetics, regular consumption of tomatoes is very useful for diabetics, since thisproduct with a low glycemic index, supplying the body with many useful substances:
- Vitamins A (carotenoids), C and E
Purifying juice based on watermelon, mint and tomato
This refreshing juiceto have a good drink in the morning, before the start of the day. It will help us to cleanse the body and prevent its dehydration.
It's easy to cook, and during the "watermelon season" you can constantly enjoythis pleasant to taste and healthy drink.
Are we recording it?
Ingredients for watermelon and tomato juice
- 300 g watermelon
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 150 ml of water
- 3 sheets of peppermint
- 2 ice cubes
What you need for cooking
- First you need to prepare 300 grams of watermelon.It is important to remove from this piece of watermelon all the bones.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Grind the mint leaves in a mortar. so we will ensure that the essential fatty acids come out of them.
- Next step? Here you need a blender. First, treat the tomatoes, then add the watermelon. When this mixture turns into a fairly thick paste, add water and crushed mint leaves.
- It turned out a fairly uniform juice, you can pour it into your favorite glass. It only remains to add a couple of ice cubes to it and enjoy this wonderful drink!